Does Min's Effect Go Away Even If I'm On finasteride?

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after more than 2 years on finasteride (Will be 3 this August), I finally decided to hop on min. It's not like finasteride is not working because it definitely did work. It halted my hairloss and even regrew and thickened the hair on the middle of my scalp. My main issue now are my temples. I feel like it was definitely thickened by finasteride but still not to the point where I wish it to be. I have min already in front of me but I'm hesitant to try it if the effects will only last two years as most studies mention. Will also taking finasteride make min's effectiveness last longer?

Also side rant: male pattern baldness is so f*****g sad. I'm 23 and seeing some of classmates in college who are even younger than me already reach NW4-5 is absolutely f*****g sad. And then the fullheads make fun of them. I'm not really a spiteful person but oh boy I wish they would get a taste of what they're making fun of.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil will most likely give your hair a nice little boost, combined with microneedling it could be quite significant. IMO the results you will see will be much more than the ones you have noticed whilst on finasteride.

But unfortunately as with any drug the effects do eventually go away, this can be in 1 year, 2 or even 10 years.

For most people notice the effects of minoxidil diminishing after the 2 year mark, ive been on it for 6 years now and i think its still working though not as effectively as it once was.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil will most likely give your hair a nice little boost, combined with microneedling it could be quite significant. IMO the results you will see will be much more than the ones you have noticed whilst on finasteride.

But unfortunately as with any drug the effects do eventually go away, this can be in 1 year, 2 or even 10 years.

For most people notice the effects of minoxidil diminishing after the 2 year mark, ive been on it for 6 years now and i think its still working though not as effectively as it once was.

Thanks for your input.

That sucks. I was hoping being on finasteride would keep min's effects to last longer. It would be really demoralizing to suddenly lose hair. Where do you apply min? Every where on top of your scalp or only specific areas?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.

That sucks. I was hoping being on finasteride would keep min's effects to last longer. It would be really demoralizing to suddenly lose hair. Where do you apply min? Every where on top of your scalp or only specific areas?

You don't every suddenly lose it, its gradual and will be more gradual with the combination of finasteride.

For me i noticed a big boost in my hair (regrowth/increased thickness) for the first 2 years and thereafter a gradual decline.

6 years later i would say my hair is better than baseline thickness wise and my hairline is slightly worse. Funnily enough the first year i applied to my face only (for beard growth), the next 2 years to my temples only and then from year 3 onwards all over my scalp.

I have been on finasteride the entire time, without my results probably would of diminished much faster.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, don't expect too much growth on finas. In my experience it's in minoxidil that I gained some growth. The initial shedding even with finas is normal especially in new users and maybe you will experience it. But it won't be that bad coz you have been on a dht blocker

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, don't expect too much growth on finas. In my experience it's in minoxidil that I gained some growth. The initial shedding even with finas is normal especially in new users and maybe you will experience it. But it won't be that bad coz you have been on a dht blocker

How long have you been on finasteride and min?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on finasteride and min?

2 yrs on finasteride (since 2018), 5 yrs on minoxidil (since 2015)

From my experience, I had lots of growth with minoxidil until it stopped working in 2017 coz dht over powers it in time, I added finasteride in 2018 and recovered from that.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 yrs on finasteride (since 2018), 5 yrs on minoxidil (since 2015)

From my experience, I had lots of growth with minoxidil until it stopped working in 2017 coz dht over powers it in time, I added finasteride in 2018 and recovered from that.

Did you lose any gains? I'm already on finasteride so hopefully I don't lose any gains later.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you lose any gains? I'm already on finasteride so hopefully I don't lose any gains later.

minoxidil stopped working for me after 2 years, no gains and just shedded. When I started with finas, I recovered and had some growth again with minoxidil.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil usually stops doing anything after a couple of years, unfortuntely not using it isn't a solution as all your hair falls off.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It also work like you first used it.Why the result is coming bad?Because your hairloss is improving.It is your gene.I read your succeed after adding rolling.Recently,A reach about rolling can improve Sulfotransferase is published.Increased minoxidil absorption is the first thing to help you.That reach is also an evidence.All in all, congratulations on your success in maintaining and restoring your hair for more than 6 years. You have been used as an example in other countries to encourage people to join the microneedle collaboration with minoxidil. Congratulations again. I'm sorry English is not my alma mater.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe min has its affect all the time.As time goes on.Why it comes bad ?Because of your gene.Your hairloss develop all the time.But we need to be confident that the human study of hair loss will be faster than that of drugs

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It also work like you first used it.Why the result is coming bad?Because your hairloss is improving.It is your gene.I read your succeed after adding rolling.Recently,A reach about rolling can improve Sulfotransferase is published.Increased minoxidil absorption is the first thing to help you.That reach is also an evidence.All in all, congratulations on your success in maintaining and restoring your hair for more than 6 years. You have been used as an example in other countries to encourage people to join the microneedle collaboration with minoxidil. Congratulations again. I'm sorry English is not my alma mater.

Thank you for the kind words :)

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Minoxidil Sulfate is a thing but I don’t know if it’s significantly better and I was able to comprehend your English pretty well, thanks for being positive!