does minoxidil work on other type of hairloss than genetic male pattern baldness ?

chigoha

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have diffuse thinning on midscalp , my hairline hasn't receeded at all

i don't know the exact cause of my hairloss , it may be from stress or from abuse of hair dryer / iron and styling products
but what i know is that no one in my family has my pattern , they all have classic norwood pattern and no one started balding that early
i noticed it at 18 but it may have started earlier , i'm 20 today and i don't think it got worse

my question is can minoxidil + dermarolling reverse that kind of hairloss or is it better to look for hair transplant ?

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have diffuse thinning on midscalp , my hairline hasn't receeded at all

i don't know the exact cause of my hairloss , it may be from stress or from abuse of hair dryer / iron and styling products
but what i know is that no one in my family has my pattern , they all have classic norwood pattern and no one started balding that early
i noticed it at 18 but it may have started earlier , i'm 20 today and i don't think it got worse

my question is can minoxidil + dermarolling reverse that kind of hairloss or is it better to look for hair transplant ?
its never better to look for a hair transplant. thats something to think about as a last resort. after youve stabilized with hairloss meds for 1 year, seen no regrowth and are a norwood 3+

minoxidil will never reverse hairloss, but just delay the inevitable if not used with finasteride

chigoha

My Regimen
Reaction score
its never better to look for a hair transplant. thats something to think about as a last resort. after youve stabilized with hairloss meds for 1 year, seen no regrowth and are a norwood 3+

minoxidil will never reverse hairloss, but just delay the inevitable if not used with finasteride
what about the results we see about microneedling + minoxidil ?
ikr3zfh-jpg.jpg