Does Minoxidil Stop Hair Loss Like Finasteride?

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
So ive been using minoxidil for 3 months now and ive had great results.Ive read that minoxidil does not stop hair loss,it only masks it.However,I was loosing around 150 hairs every time i would wash my hair,and now i lose 20 hairs or less?I am wondering if i should even add finasteride since i am seeing new,thicker hairs and it seems like it really stopped my hair loss?

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is a growth factor and does not address the core of the problem which is scalp dht (as far as we know, check out the recent CXXC protein inhibition discovery)

inmyhead

Reaction score
Wrong section, but there are some people who claim that minoxidil helped them to maintain and there is also a research paper where they suggest that minoxidil might have some impact on AR

resu

Reaction score
If your hair loss is slow and you essentially reached the final destination maybe.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still have a head full of hair(I am 20),you cant even notice i am balding anymore,because of regrowth.

cretin

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil at least some evidence affects AR transcription

but still baloney drug no efficacy for most people, only 40% of WOMEN clinically significant result meaning >50% NON RESPONDER

baloney drug, trash efficacy, odd sides make you look like your dog got shot and you found out your wife was born with a c*** n balls. Literally outperformed by peppermint oil and rosemary what a joke egg on pharma's face make alternative medicine cucks look like geniuses when really they are retards throwing sh*t at a wall and seeing what stick

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody know exactly how minoxidil works. Even after of almost 40 years of study, there is not a single study showing exactly how it works.
Thruth is, that the future of hair loss treatment are topicals and most closer to minoxidil, prostaglandines, etc than blocking in a systemic way the stronger androgen in males ( there is not a single chance that sooner or later you will not have side effects ) .

So, that that say " minoxidil only works for a couple of years " ask for them for an study that shows this.

Propecia is something that should never happen . It is still a miracle how the FDA approve it more than 20 years ago. Ask yourself this question " what hormone, if it is in normal ranges, can be inhibit it a 70% and don't cause side effects ? " . Even if you eliminate 70% of your cholesterol will give you side effects .

Also, keep in mind that if you stop minoxidil, you will have a massive shed that no other drug will stop it ( another thing that is not clear why minoxidil cause this ) . And by shedd I mean increasing the bald area. Once you are on minoxidil, you are "forever" with it. 20 years and counting here.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong section, but there are some people who claim that minoxidil helped them to maintain and there is also a research paper where they suggest that minoxidil might have some impact on AR
There is only one in vitro study that suggest that minoxidil have impact on AR. But, that paper don't explain why it do growth hair in all the body, even on hair that growth by androgens activation ( body hair ) . So, that paper don't have much sense.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
So today i washed my hair,and i wanted to be harsh on it,i was really going trought it hard and waited for nizoral to work.I only lost 6 hairs,and the best thing is that i have lost only 2 hairs from top of my head(i know because hairs on top of my head are longer than hairs on my sides).I am going to stick with minoxidil as long as it gives me good results,and i already ordered dermaroller for even better regrowth.I hope that it can hold my hair for long enough so i dont have to use finasteride.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post pictures later on so that everyone can see that im not lying!I didnt really have that much regrowth on hairline because it the same as it was 5 years ago but regrowth on the crown and overall hair density and hair thickeness has incerased dramaticly.