Does minoxidil makes your face fat?

kolaios

Reaction score
Hello.... I have a question... Does minoxidil 5% and higher makes the face look fat? And if so, what can I do about it?

Please post your experience. Thanks a lot!!!!

eBOW

Reaction score
No, it's your fat that makes your face look fat. No, but seriously I hear that in some people minoxidil can cause water retention in the face. So yes for some.

kolaios

Reaction score
Yes... water retention...

Ok i have a bad case of IT....

What can i do to fix it??????

:oops:

eBOW

Reaction score
I would try green tea, also drink more water. If that does not work, you might want to decide if minoxidil is right for you?

kolaios

Reaction score
What about cardio? lots of Cardio???

Bll3r

Established Member
Reaction score
he was on minoxidil, a good friend of mine, and look what happened to him:

fat_face_01.jpg

STAY OFF minoxidil!!!

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
I get water retention in my face from minoxidil, its especially noticable under my eyes. Drinking more water will help to get rid of the water that your body is retaining.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yup, some water retention here. Best you can do is limit your minoxidil applications and hit the gym.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone said to that to me at work as well that my face looked fat. So this must be true about minoxidil and water retenetion in the face. :freaked2:

G

holy sh*t!!!!
is it reallt that bad??
its not on the list of side-effect is it?

kolaios

Reaction score
It is NOT in the list of side effects.

AND THAT SUCKS....

What if I change to the 15% Zandrox?

WOuld i be super FAT FACED????? lol

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't get paranoid about it. It went away. It could be the propecia and some other stuff I'm taking as well. Just like the other guys said drink alot of water and you should be fine. I had some sides on propecia when I first took it and they went away. So don't :freaked2: out about it.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
i have the same experience and made a thread about it. basically, people said to drink more water, use less minoxidil, one guy said he used apple cider vinegar on his head (? dunno if this helped for the water retention), take green tea. Ive actually stopped minoxidil, but i really need/want to start it up again. Ive been taking green tea extract tablets. TO THOSE THAT recommended drinking more water: HOW MUCH MORE WATER?

Milamber

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.... I have a question... Does minoxidil 5% and higher makes the face look fat? And if so, what can I do about it?

Please post your experience. Thanks a lot!!!!

A few months ago I decided I'd get back "on top of it". Started working out and using my minoxodil more regularly. Lost 10 pounds (185lb to 170lb), and in recent pictures my face actually appears larger and more chubby. This has happened in the past when I riotously started minoxodil. I don't think the benefits have been worth the swollen face, and I only use 2%. Stopping it soon and continuous just finasteride and my other stuff.