Does minoxidil Maintain Hairline Or Regrow It Or Both?

Artues123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends -- what's dpa?

Diffuse Patterned Alopecia, norwood 1 but low density and see through scalp in the top.

Sorry op, i dont meant to get in the middle of others post, I hate when someone else do this, just thougth it was a really good advice. Good luck with the treatment.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse Patterned Alopecia, norwood 1 but low density and see through scalp in the top.

Sorry op, i dont meant to get in the middle of others post, I hate when someone else do this, just thougth it was a really good advice. Good luck with the treatment.

I don't know if that's a different disease sorry.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes minoxdil will work, at worst you will thicken up your thinned out hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion the best way to think about how minoxidil works is this.

It will give you the density you would have had without minoxidil + a certain percentage, ranging from none to probably about 20% for the best responders. It will always give you this boost so long as you keep using it, but if you were to lose 20% in two years then you will be at baseline in two years. And continue to bald after.

Good response + slow balding and you can probably get a good bit more than that.

This is often worsened by guys thinking the minoxidil has stopped working to they stop it, only to find they lose more hair. If you respond to minoxidil do not stop it. (Unless some other treatment comes along).

totally agree with this, some people dont experience much in the way of gains, and slowly start losing again, and assume minoxidil is no longer working. but the fact is you're still losing, but you're losing at the same rate + the boost you got from taking it.

Some people here like @WarLord used it for 16 years and maintained, so dont discount its effects.

If you throw in an anti dht, even if it's not finasteride, like S5 cream, saw palmetto, or zix (my suggestion), and a keto shampoo, you should maintain much better than just minoxidil alone. and minoxidil is def better than nothing if you're a responder.

Personally, with my experience, I will likely be back on minoxidil, and with the zix Im using (similar ingredients that revivogen / lipogaine and regenepure use), I believe I will experience great results.

If you choose to use finasteride, and are a good responder, then minoxidil will definitely be a good compliment to it, as well as keto (the big 3).