Does Minoxidil Destroy The Hairline & Temples?

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read on misc. forums around the net that some people have actually destroyed their hairlines while using this drug. What do you guys think about minoxidil on your hairlines? Any info would be MUCH appreciated!

I also have some assumptions and would be grateful if you could give me your opinion if these are true or false. If you are not sure, just leave it out or say so.
  1. Minoxidil often stops working after about two years
  2. Minoxidil can destroy a hair line and make things worse
  3. Minoxidil has about a 40 % chance to stop hair loss
  4. If there are no noticeable results within six months, minoxidil does not work.
  5. Minoxidil only works in the crown/vertex area, not in the front
  6. If there are still hair follicles alive, minoxidil will always work

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have read on misc. forums around the net that some people have actually destroyed their hairlines while using this drug. What do you guys think about minoxidil on your hairlines? Any info would be MUCH appreciated!

I also have some assumptions and would be grateful if you could give me your opinion if these are true or false. If you are not sure, just leave it out or say so.
  1. Minoxidil often stops working after about two years
  2. Minoxidil can destroy a hair line and make things worse
  3. Minoxidil has about a 40 % chance to stop hair loss
  4. If there are no noticeable results within six months, minoxidil does not work.
  5. Minoxidil only works in the crown/vertex area, not in the front
  6. If there are still hair follicles alive, minoxidil will always work

1. not stops working but without using an anti-androgen your hair loss will catch up, maybe after 2 years, maybe shorter or longer. or much longer. i think it depends on your rate of hair loss, an important consideration
2. rarely maybe
3. not stop but delay
4. maybe
5. fake news
6. no sir

ive been using for a bit more than 2 years with success

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer :)

I have thick eyebrows. Will Minoxidil make them even thicker? Will I get a mono-brow?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Waigel

Minoxidil won't give permanent results, without Finasteride or something else.

That said, Minoxidil will usually speed up process if someone is taking something else.

You want to try Latanoprost, for your eye lashes. I use it on my hair, and so far so good. But I also
use Finasteride and Progesterone. The last two saved my hair gains.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
if ur worried about face changes it is probably better to take it once a day during the day, but double the amount. It is almost as effective. Also after 4 hours 75% of the minoxidil is absorbed so u can wash it of after like 5-6 hours.

Diaboli

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation. I have fairly decent hair, with some recession on the temples. I bought minoxidil a few days ago, and to be honest, after reading through hundreds of posts on the subject of shedding and people ruining their hairline, I'm nothing short of terrified to actually use it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
its possible that its splashing alcohol and Pg on your skin everyday could be a problem for some. oral minoxidil is an alternative.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
  1. Minoxidil often stops working after about two years: Minoxidil doesn't delay the production of DHT on your scalp, so yes this might be true but not in ALL cases. You often need to inhibit an anti-androgen such as finasteride to prevent this.
  2. Minoxidil can destroy a hair line and make things worse: Your hair becomes dependent on minoxidil after a while, which means that you need to keep using it so the gains do not fade away. minoxidil. improved my hairline by A LOT.
  3. Minoxidil has about a 40 % chance to stop hair loss: I used to shed around 100-120 hairs before. I only shed about 20-40 now. minoxidil doesn't stop the process of balding though.
  4. If there are no noticeable results within six months, minoxidil does not work: 6 months-1 year should show improvement when using minoxidil. Otherwise I'd say it ain't working.
  5. Minoxidil only works in the crown/vertex area, not in the front: False. I have no crown issues whatsoever. I'd say that my temples have lowered atleast a cm by using minoxidil for just two months.
  6. If there are still hair follicles alive, minoxidil will always work: Yes. But it depends for everyone
Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Edit: Something I've noticed are thicker eyebrows, but that's when tweezers come in handy lol. Groom your face buddy

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil won't give permanent results, without Finasteride or something else.

That said, Minoxidil will usually speed up process if someone is taking something else.

You want to try Latanoprost, for your eye lashes. I use it on my hair, and so far so good. But I also
use Finasteride and Progesterone. The last two saved my hair gains.
Just gonna assume you as a male...What's up with progesterone? I thought it's suitable for females and not males! Any information will be helpful

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just gonna assume you as a male...What's up with progesterone? I thought it's suitable for females and not males! Any information will be helpful

I only take it topically, not oral. And I only use it for hair loss.

A small amount of Progesterone is created in our testicles. It gets converted into testosterone.

You are right though, it is used for female hormone replacement (Androforte manufactures a two and
five percent for women).

In addition to Progesterone, I sometimes take Androgen five percent, which does cause my hair
to fall out.