Does Mastrubation Cause Hair Loss Or Hair Thinning?

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not. I know you guys trying to find an excuse for your early balding but it's not from masturbation. Look at your genetics.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not. I know you guys trying to find an excuse for your early balding but it's not from masturbation. Look at your genetics.

You thought your were smart with this one huh?

All we're saying since the beginning is that masturbation speeds up the process for those who are GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED to have it, probably a matter of dht and sensitivity or whatever

It certainly wont give you the "hairloss virus" if your whole family consists of NW1s

HeadGrass

My Regimen
Reaction score
all my friends who dont fap are nw0/1 zero hairloss at all. so i can be relate yes

How can you know if they masturbate or not? Did you ask them? They would say no obviously lol. Did you spy on them 24/7?

As soon as I started having hairloss I tried everything. That includes not masturbating at all for the past 3 years. My dad has perfect hair and so does my grandpa. Yet here I am. Furthermore, I have not masturbated for 3 years and still have hair loss out the ***. Although I did take some medications(accutane/raccutane/anti-anxiety) for a prolonged period of time, which may explain the hairloss and therefore render my point moot. However I know for sure that masturbation is not the only reason for hairloss, if it even is a reason in the first place.

Anyway, masturbate away. Life is short, may as well suck out as much pleasure out of the little time you got while you still got it.

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you know if they masturbate or not? Did you ask them? They would say no obviously lol. Did you spy on them 24/7?

As soon as I started having hairloss I tried everything. That includes not masturbating at all for the past 3 years. My dad has perfect hair and so does my grandpa. Yet here I am. Furthermore, I have not masturbated for 3 years and still have hair loss out the ***. Although I did take some medications(accutane/raccutane/anti-anxiety) for a prolonged period of time, which may explain the hairloss and therefore render my point moot. However I know for sure that masturbation is not the only reason for hairloss, if it even is a reason in the first place.

Anyway, masturbate away. Life is short, may as well suck out as much pleasure out of the little time you got while you still got it.

They are trolls.

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys don't smoke, drink, masturbate, have sex, eat unhealthy food, wear cap, use hair products. All of this has effect on your hair. Don't enjoy life!

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just don't think mankind . Was designed to jerk away his life seed into a napkin . On a.daily basis sorry just.my take

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just boring now! If you guys don't want to fap then just don't do it! But don't come on here and try to preach to the rest of us that it has something to do with hair loss because it doesn't. You have absolutely no proof that it does yet there are literally hundreds of scientific studies that says it doesn't and it actually good for male sexual health.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just boring now! If you guys don't want to fap then just don't do it! But don't come on here and try to preach to the rest of us that it has something to do with hair loss because it doesn't. You have absolutely no proof that it does yet there are literally hundreds of scientific studies that says it doesn't and it actually good for male sexual health.
Can u post.the links to the scientific studies.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many urban legends about masturbation, ranging from beliefs that masturbation can result in you going blind to myths about masturbation causing hair to grow on the palms of your hands.

One of the legends is that masturbation can cause you to lose scalp hair, either in the form of a receding hairline or total baldness.

Like the other masturbation myths, the idea that masturbation will cause your hair to fall out isn’t true. There’s absolutely no scientific evidence linking masturbation to hair loss, nor is there any relationship between the amount of sex you have and the thickness or health of your hair.

Interestingly, some of the websites that claim masturbation causes baldness back up their hair loss claims with evidence that sounds quite reasonable. There are a lot of scientific terms used and mentions of hormones, protein deficiencies and minerals in seminal fluid.

Below, we’ll look at some of the common reasons masturbation is claimed to cause hair loss and debunk some of the nonsense "science" used to back up these claims.

Myth 1: Masturbation Causes Your Body to Produce DHT
Dihydrotestosterone, more commonly known as DHT, is a male sex hormone that’s the primary cause of male pattern baldness.

DHT binds to receptors in your scalp and miniaturizes the hair follicles around your hairline and crown, resulting in hair loss for men with a genetic sensitivity to DHT.

One of the most common reasons used to back up the claim that masturbation causes hair loss is that masturbating results in a release of hormones, including DHT.

Like most urban legends, real scientific data totally contradicts the claim that masturbation has any effect on DHT and other male hormones. In fact, there are several studies that show sexual activity has no measurable effect on testosterone or DHT production.

One study compares men with normal sexual function to men with sexual dysfunction. The final results show that both groups of men have statistically similar levels of testosterone.

Another study compares men with normal sexual activity levels to men that deliberately avoided sexual activity. Blood sample data showed no difference between the two groups in the levels of total testosterone, free testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH).

Since DHT is a metabolite of testosterone, it’s extremely unlikely that sexual activity (whether it’s masturbation or sexual intercourse) has any effect, positive or negative, on DHT levels.

Myth 2: Masturbation Lowers Protein Levels, Causing Hair Loss
While it’s true that semen does contain protein, masturbating or having sex doesn’t have any significant effect on the amount of protein available for your hair follicles.

On average, there’s about 5040 mg of protein in every 100mL of semen. Since the average amount of semen released during each ejaculation is 3.7mL, this means you need to either have sex or masturbate 27 times to release just over five grams of protein.

To put this in perspective, you consume about six grams of protein every time you eat an egg, and 30 to 60 grams every time you eat a chicken breast.

The amount of protein you lose when you orgasm is insignificant compared to the average person’s dietary protein intake. Even if you spend all day masturbating, you’ll still consume about 10 to 50 times as much protein in your diet, provided you eat relatively healthily.

Just like the supposed link between masturbation and DHT, there’s no correlation between masturbation and protein deficiency.

Myth 3: Ejaculation Control is Important for "Hormone Balance"
This myth is a variation on the "masturbation affects DHT" claim we debunked above, albeit with the added claim of masturbation affecting the total balance of hormones in your body.

While it’s true that sex does have some effect on the levels of certain hormones in your body, it’s a temporary effect that isn’t linked to hair loss.

The most significant hormone released during sex is oxytocin, which is a peptide hormone that affects pleasure centers in your brain. This is one of the reasons why sex and masturbation feel good, but it’s not linked to the health or thickness of your hair.

Interestingly, there is some limited evidence that oxytocin could have an effect on the conversion of testosterone to DHT. However, there’s no evidence specifically showing that masturbation has any specific impact on DHT that wouldn't also occur in other situations that produce oxytocin.

Since your body will release oxytocin when you do things like hold hands with your partner or gaze into their eyes, there’s no reason to specifically worry about oxytocin released during sex or masturbation affecting your hairline.

Baldness is Hormonal and Genetic, Not a Side Effect of Masturbation
Male pattern baldness is caused by DHT, which is made when your body converts testosterone into DHT through the 5α-reductase enzyme. At no point does masturbation play any real role in the process of causing hair follicles to miniaturize and stop growing.

If you’ve noticed your hair falling out or your hairline starting to recede, it’s far more likely to be a side effect of sensitivity to DHT, stress, nutrition or lifestyle issues than the result of too much masturbation.

You can treat these by taking action to lower your DHT levels using medication or changing your diet and lifestyle to eliminate the factors that contribute to hair loss.

In short, you can rest easy. Masturbation won’t affect your hairline, hair thickness or any aspect of your hair health. Neither will sex. If either did, the vast majority of the world’s population would have serious hair loss problems and the medical community would be very much aware of it.

This article was reviewed by Brendan Levy, MD.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many urban legends about masturbation, ranging from beliefs that masturbation can result in you going blind to myths about masturbation causing hair to grow on the palms of your hands.

One of the legends is that masturbation can cause you to lose scalp hair, either in the form of a receding hairline or total baldness.

Like the other masturbation myths, the idea that masturbation will cause your hair to fall out isn’t true. There’s absolutely no scientific evidence linking masturbation to hair loss, nor is there any relationship between the amount of sex you have and the thickness or health of your hair.

Interestingly, some of the websites that claim masturbation causes baldness back up their hair loss claims with evidence that sounds quite reasonable. There are a lot of scientific terms used and mentions of hormones, protein deficiencies and minerals in seminal fluid.

Below, we’ll look at some of the common reasons masturbation is claimed to cause hair loss and debunk some of the nonsense "science" used to back up these claims.

Myth 1: Masturbation Causes Your Body to Produce DHT
Dihydrotestosterone, more commonly known as DHT, is a male sex hormone that’s the primary cause of male pattern baldness.

DHT binds to receptors in your scalp and miniaturizes the hair follicles around your hairline and crown, resulting in hair loss for men with a genetic sensitivity to DHT.

One of the most common reasons used to back up the claim that masturbation causes hair loss is that masturbating results in a release of hormones, including DHT.

Like most urban legends, real scientific data totally contradicts the claim that masturbation has any effect on DHT and other male hormones. In fact, there are several studies that show sexual activity has no measurable effect on testosterone or DHT production.

One study compares men with normal sexual function to men with sexual dysfunction. The final results show that both groups of men have statistically similar levels of testosterone.

Another study compares men with normal sexual activity levels to men that deliberately avoided sexual activity. Blood sample data showed no difference between the two groups in the levels of total testosterone, free testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH).

Since DHT is a metabolite of testosterone, it’s extremely unlikely that sexual activity (whether it’s masturbation or sexual intercourse) has any effect, positive or negative, on DHT levels.

Myth 2: Masturbation Lowers Protein Levels, Causing Hair Loss
While it’s true that semen does contain protein, masturbating or having sex doesn’t have any significant effect on the amount of protein available for your hair follicles.

On average, there’s about 5040 mg of protein in every 100mL of semen. Since the average amount of semen released during each ejaculation is 3.7mL, this means you need to either have sex or masturbate 27 times to release just over five grams of protein.

To put this in perspective, you consume about six grams of protein every time you eat an egg, and 30 to 60 grams every time you eat a chicken breast.

The amount of protein you lose when you orgasm is insignificant compared to the average person’s dietary protein intake. Even if you spend all day masturbating, you’ll still consume about 10 to 50 times as much protein in your diet, provided you eat relatively healthily.

Just like the supposed link between masturbation and DHT, there’s no correlation between masturbation and protein deficiency.

Myth 3: Ejaculation Control is Important for "Hormone Balance"
This myth is a variation on the "masturbation affects DHT" claim we debunked above, albeit with the added claim of masturbation affecting the total balance of hormones in your body.

While it’s true that sex does have some effect on the levels of certain hormones in your body, it’s a temporary effect that isn’t linked to hair loss.

The most significant hormone released during sex is oxytocin, which is a peptide hormone that affects pleasure centers in your brain. This is one of the reasons why sex and masturbation feel good, but it’s not linked to the health or thickness of your hair.

Interestingly, there is some limited evidence that oxytocin could have an effect on the conversion of testosterone to DHT. However, there’s no evidence specifically showing that masturbation has any specific impact on DHT that wouldn't also occur in other situations that produce oxytocin.

Since your body will release oxytocin when you do things like hold hands with your partner or gaze into their eyes, there’s no reason to specifically worry about oxytocin released during sex or masturbation affecting your hairline.

Baldness is Hormonal and Genetic, Not a Side Effect of Masturbation
Male pattern baldness is caused by DHT, which is made when your body converts testosterone into DHT through the 5α-reductase enzyme. At no point does masturbation play any real role in the process of causing hair follicles to miniaturize and stop growing.

If you’ve noticed your hair falling out or your hairline starting to recede, it’s far more likely to be a side effect of sensitivity to DHT, stress, nutrition or lifestyle issues than the result of too much masturbation.

You can treat these by taking action to lower your DHT levels using medication or changing your diet and lifestyle to eliminate the factors that contribute to hair loss.

In short, you can rest easy. Masturbation won’t affect your hairline, hair thickness or any aspect of your hair health. Neither will sex. If either did, the vast majority of the world’s population would have serious hair loss problems and the medical community would be very much aware of it.

This article was reviewed by Brendan Levy, MD.
Thank you for the article I will do more research on the doctor who wrote it. I would like.to know how many men were used in the study and for how long. Or.is it.just his oppinion. And I will.find other medical studies to contradict it I'm sure. Just so u rem. I never said not.to masturbate. I .still do. I only said that everything we do in life all our habits food ex ex .has an impact on our health. Our hair and our bodies. I have noticed great improvement s in my self both mentally and physically. When I live by whatever I do I do it in moderation.

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

And even if it does, would this mean that all you guys are also refraining from sex? Isn't sex pretty much the point to everything?

4myfuture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a side note, my best jerk sessions are right after sex. Anyone else find this to be the case?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the article I will do more research on the doctor who wrote it. I would like.to know how many men were used in the study and for how long. Or.is it.just his oppinion. And I will.find other medical studies to contradict it I'm sure. Just so u rem. I never said not.to masturbate. I .still do. I only said that everything we do in life all our habits food ex ex .has an impact on our health. Our hair and our bodies. I have noticed great improvement s in my self both mentally and physically. When I live by whatever I do I do it in moderation.
There are links in the article to the studies you just have click on them. I could post lots more but really cant be bothered. You have the right to believe what you want but try find any scientific article to prove your point and you will struggle.

HeadGrass

My Regimen
Reaction score
I masturbe my friend and I'm losing my hair, not him. I think there is a clear link between hair loss and masturbation :(
You masturbate your friend? That doesn't prove anything and your statement is contradictory... If you masturbate him, that means he only releases his seminal fluids when you are around which is rare. Do you masturbate? You are a guys yes?