Does Male Pattern Baldness Affect The Hairline's Length?

evripidis

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, i have male pattern baldness and i've been taking dutasteride. It worked miracles for my crown area. But my temple hair is very short. I've been thinking of applying rogaine there.

There problem is that i do not know whether it's caused by male pattern baldness or because the area is damaged. (excessive combing, ironing, bleaching, chemicals)

So, does male pattern baldness first make the hair strands shorter(in which this may be what is causing my problems) or does it simply make them fall?

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, i have male pattern baldness and i've been taking dutasteride. It worked miracles for my crown area. But my temple hair is very short. I've been thinking of applying rogaine there.

There problem is that i do not know whether it's caused by male pattern baldness or because the area is damaged. (excessive combing, ironing, bleaching, chemicals)

So, does male pattern baldness first make the hair strands shorter(in which this may be what is causing my problems) or does it simply make them fall?

As far as I know , male pattern baldness causes hair follicles to Shrink over time , where each time they grow back they grow back thinner and possibly smaller. I am not 100% sure on this though. My hairline has thickened up since I started romaine with finasteride . So you could give it a try.

evripidis

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know , male pattern baldness causes hair follicles to Shrink over time , where each time they grow back they grow back thinner and possibly smaller. I am not 100% sure on this though. My hairline has thickened up since I started romaine with finasteride . So you could give it a try.

Dunasteride is basically a slightly better version of finasteride

Does anyone know if male pattern baldness also causes follicles to grow SMALLER? aside from thinner

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does anyone know if male pattern baldness also causes follicles to grow SMALLER? aside from thinner

Yes I know about dunasteride. What I meant was you should add rogaine also , i apply it on my hairline and in 6 months paired with finasteride it got thicker.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

yes they miniaturize , each cycle become shorter and shorter until they are underneath the scalp and not visible anymore. I think anyway, im not well versed in hairloss.

evripidis

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have some pics of the crown before/after?
I will search,but i'm not sure(on this pc anyway)

The funny thing is that i used to take minoxidil alongside dutasteride, then stopped it to see if dutasteride alone is good enough. But i always focused on watching the crown area lol(which is great). So i'm not sure if restarting minoxidil will help the front. Cause i don't know if the problem is due to male pattern baldness?