Does Lllt Interact With Anti Androgens?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@IdealForehead claimed in some other thread that he didn't use LLLT because it interacted negatively with anti androgens, I dont remember what one specifically.. or maybe he said it was minoxidil? im not sure.

Does anyone know any scientific data of LLLT interacting negatively with the usual tools in hairloss? (finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, any other topicals)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead claimed in some other thread that he didn't use LLLT because it interacted negatively with anti androgens, I dont remember what one specifically.. or maybe he said it was minoxidil? im not sure.

Does anyone know any scientific data of LLLT interacting negatively with the usual tools in hairloss? (finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, any other topicals)

No interaction with minoxidil. The problem with LLLT is it's a goldilocks treatment. Unlike minoxidil or anti-androgens, which are always better in higher amounts, LLLT must be balanced in a fine range. Too much LLLT inhibits hair growth. Too little LLLT doesn't work.

That's the reason I don't use LLLT. I have a device rigged up I made from some DIY laser units for this purpose I got on ebay but I never use them anymore because they stress me out too much wondering if I'm using the "right amount".