Does length of system hair affect shedding?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding means that either
- the hair breaks off, normally near the base.
- the hair is loosening from the base and falling out. So knots opening up on lace, or v-loops falling out of a UTS.

On my UTS I experience breakage before loosening. Hair become brittle after 3 months or so and breaks off. After 5 months or so the UTS loses its consistency and the v-loops start pulling out when I brush the hair.

Longer hair is more susceptible to both.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't notice any faster shedding with longer hair (my hair system is 10 - 12 inches long). If anything, the extra length gives me more styling options to hide any blemishes in the system etc.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since I changed from a long quiff to a french cut, I have noticed significantly less shedding = longer life.
Less tangle and breakage

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't notice any faster shedding with longer hair (my hair system is 10 - 12 inches long). If anything, the extra length gives me more styling options to hide any blemishes in the system etc.
You might not see it, because you don't have what to compare it to. All of your systems are relatively long. After dealing with hundreds and hundreds of them, I can tell you it does make a difference.