Does Lee's spironolactone leave any visible residue?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairsucks- how long have you been using spironolactone??

Dr. Lee sells his spironolactone at http://www.minoxidil.com

you can't just use one jar of it to think you're seeing results. You need to use it for months and all you'll see is alot less shedding.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried to get a consultation from minoxidil.com so I could get Dr. Lee's spironolactone but they sent me this email:

"Thank you for your interest in Regrowth, LLC, but due to the current
increased demands on our consulting physicians, we are not accepting new
patients at this time.

Best regards,

Dave Dorius,
Regrowth, LLC"

Where else can I get an odorless version of 5% spironolactone cream?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Re:

RadioRaheem said:
Artista said:
What site do you buy this from, the cheapest? Also with longer hair, it doesn't leave it a bit greasy or anything?? For rogaine foam users, how long after the foam do you apply it? :)

Wholesalehairproducts.com sells it the cheapest, at about $20-somethin bucks per jar. But Genhair.com's version, which is arguably a better version, is priced at $30 per jar, but they only sell a 3-jar supply (which is priced at $90). If you would like to apply spironolactone to more than just your temples/hairline, I'm reluctant to recommend it since it's going to be a bit inconvenience to use. It doesn't leave the hair greasy though. I apply spironolactone about 30 minutes or so after I apply the foam. But you can apply it anytime after the foam dries.

Which spironolactone do you use? I heard the spironolactone 5% from wholesale smells really bad? I only plan on applying small amount to my hairline, so even if it does smell will it be noticeable if applied in small amounts?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Artista said:
My hairline and temples are a problem. I'm dealing with more diffuse thinning with some areas worse hit. So then topical spironolactone probably wouldn't do anything unless it is for hairline or temples?

Topical spironolactone works whether you have diffuse thinning or any other sort of male pattern baldness. I only stated that it's more suited for the hairline/temples due to convenience. While one can certainly use Topical spironolactone cream for diffuse thinning -- it's just an inconvenient endeavor applying so much cream to basically an entire scalp. And then there's much more likely for a smell to be present when applying it to so much of the scalp.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
What about applying spironolactone 30mins or so after using Revivogen? Does anyone know if that is okay? Is wholesale the best place to buy it from if you're going to use it only on hairline?

I forget where I read this, maybe at the Revivogen website, but it mentioned applying other topicals at least 3 hours afterwards, so as to not interfere with the ingredients in Revivogen. I'm not sure if this applies to spironolactone too. When I read that, I think it was more for minoxidil. Secondly, Whole Sale is not a bad place to buy it from. But the best place to buy it from is arguably Genhair.com, since their version of spironolactone has extra ingredients along with a menthol scent. But it retails for $90 (as they only sell a 3-jar supply).

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I want to order from minoxidil.com, do I have to meet with a doctor in person in order to meet the consultation requirement?

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect,
You can print off the consultation form and mail it in. Just go to the site and request a consultation by email. They will get you all the info you need, and it only takes a couple of days.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just did this. Dr. Lee will send you a form, which you fill out, and mail. The turnaround was pretty fast. I then ordered 5% spironolactone, and that came in like 2-3 days, very fast. It leaves no residue and has no smell.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how does it not smell for you? if u smell inside the tub does it smell????

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RadioRaheem said:
ripple-effect said:
What about applying spironolactone 30mins or so after using Revivogen? Does anyone know if that is okay? Is wholesale the best place to buy it from if you're going to use it only on hairline?

I forget where I read this, maybe at the Revivogen website, but it mentioned applying other topicals at least 3 hours afterwards, so as to not interfere with the ingredients in Revivogen. I'm not sure if this applies to spironolactone too. When I read that, I think it was more for minoxidil. Secondly, Whole Sale is not a bad place to buy it from. But the best place to buy it from is arguably Genhair.com, since their version of spironolactone has extra ingredients along with a menthol scent. But it retails for $90 (as they only sell a 3-jar supply).

its 60 dollars for 3 months