does hair transplant permanently stay?

olowshinenine

Reaction score
Hello
I am wondering if a diffusing thinner such as myself decides to get an hair transplant would that be possible to do? Also how permanent are the results. Bosely claims it is permanent however I have heard otherwise. Or does it all depend on the competency of the doctor performing the surgery?

Thank you

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
a lot depends of course on the quality of the hair transplant you get and how well you respond. most people don't lose their donor hair nearly as quickly... however, if you don't start on antiandrogen like finasteride, you're going to lose the other hair at the same rate... meaning you'll have a very patchy crown. this is why people still use treatments even after a hair transplant

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it depend on whether the extracted hair has any sensitivity to DHT? I'm a diffuse nw6 with side thinning (I guess it's DUPA and DPA), I know for sure if I got an hair transplant despite being on meds it would eventually fall out too. Unlike other NW6's who have great donor hair which still looks thickish in old age because the hair isn't susceptible to DHT.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
It would be useless for you to get a hair transplant. Wait for HM to come to fruition.

olowshinenine

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice and responses. Can someone point me to a thread about hair multiplication I could read about it more? Is it something I will see before I am 50? I am 28 now and my hair is looking pretty ****ty.

I would use chemicals but I am very very sensitive to them. So I would preferr to stear away from them.

Thanks again

Sparky4444

Reaction score
a lot depends of course on the quality of the hair transplant you get and how well you respond. most people don't lose their donor hair nearly as quickly... however, if you don't start on antiandrogen like finasteride, you're going to lose the other hair at the same rate... meaning you'll have a very patchy crown. this is why people still use treatments even after a hair transplant

....just exactly where out of your *** do you people pull this crap out of???

...don't offer words just because "you think you know" and make it to be gospel....

...why do follicles that were once DHT insensitive magically become DHT sensitive when they are transplanted??? Where's the research and clinical proof of that???

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score

...don't offer words just because "you think you know" and make it to be gospel....

...why do follicles that were once DHT insensitive magically become DHT sensitive when they are transplanted??? Where's the research and clinical proof of that???
right, let's take a step back here. what exactly is it you think you're objecting to here?

he's come to an internet forum asking advice of other regular folks. i am not an hair transplant Doctor, nor probably is any other regular user here. my opinion was not sold as gospel nor should it be taken as such. my opinion was one developed over a few years of circumstancial evidence that i've seen. i can't see any real reason for your random outburst but that the only post I've seen of yours in all my time here, including time lurking before I registered, was you yelling at someone for an opinion which you disagree with but provided no counter argument to.... you come across as pathetic.

i meant the thread starter no harm and offered him advice i've been given myself and has done me no wrong, that's it. right now, there is no definite answer to male pattern baldness... i gave the best one available to me.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hi he meant that if you are NOT on finasteride (after hair transplant), you will lose the other hair (non transplanted hair) on crown because 'the other hair' is very likely to be affected by DHT sooner or later.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

right...you meant the non-hair transplant follicles...my apologies...

I've become so sensitive to wanna doctors on this site...

:salut:

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
no problem - easy to have misunderstandings when communicating via writing.

take care

f

pfatehi

Reaction score
transplanted hairs are picked from donor region wherein the donor hairs are not genetically predisposed to falling out... so.. those transplanted hairs are there for life.