Does Hair Thickening Mean The Reversal Of Miniaturization?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using rogaine/LLLT and 2% keto for 9.5 months now and my results are actually amazing. My hair is thickening up like crazy; I'm wondering if this is a reversal of miniturization or just more hair growth? I'm comparing the same patches of hair from before treatment and the hairs look healthier, darker and thicker... Does that mean I'm buying a lot of time before I bald worse? To clarify: does that mean I'm reversing miniaturization and since I am doing that, will I maintain longer?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pavi!! :) Its a really great question!

In my opinion its a more intense hair growth. To reverse miniaturization of hairs we need to take control over DHT.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Relax, Pavi. Keep doing what you're doing and your hair will last until new treatments are available. You're one of the lucky ones here.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using rogaine/LLLT and 2% keto for 9.5 months now and my results are actually amazing. My hair is thickening up like crazy; I'm wondering if this is a reversal of miniturization or just more hair growth? I'm comparing the same patches of hair from before treatment and the hairs look healthier, darker and thicker... Does that mean I'm buying a lot of time before I bald worse? To clarify: does that mean I'm reversing miniaturization and since I am doing that, will I maintain longer?

You respond VERY well to minoxidil. You're lucky. LLLT and 2% keto will not regrow hair no matter what anyone tells you, but if you think they're helping, more power to you.

The minoxidil is recalibrating your anagen/telogen ratio. You probably had a high percentage of hair in telogen, which is essentially what male pattern baldness is. By using minoxidil, it kicked the percentage back to "normal" or what a person without male pattern baldness will have.

I hope it keeps up for you!! I don't want to scare you or burst your bubble, but the general consensus is that eventually minoxidil effects taper off. A hair can only stay in anagen for so long (2-3 years max) before it sheds and restarts it's cycle. IF you have Androgenetic Alopecia, without anti androgens, they will then grow back thinner.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You respond VERY well to minoxidil. You're lucky. LLLT and 2% keto will not regrow hair no matter what anyone tells you, but if you think they're helping, more power to you.

The minoxidil is recalibrating your anagen/telogen ratio. You probably had a high percentage of hair in telogen, which is essentially what male pattern baldness is. By using minoxidil, it kicked the percentage back to "normal" or what a person without male pattern baldness will have.

I hope it keeps up for you!! I don't want to scare you or burst your bubble, but the general consensus is that eventually minoxidil effects taper off. A hair can only stay in anagen for so long (2-3 years max) before it sheds and restarts it's cycle. IF you have Androgenetic Alopecia, without anti androgens, they will then grow back thinner.

Thank you for the answer! But wouldn't that hair be slightly thinner and then buy me another 2-3 years?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pavi!! :) Its a really great question!

In my opinion its a more intense hair growth. To reverse miniaturization of hairs we need to take control over DHT.

But wouldn't the existing hair continue to shrink? Mines not doing that

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair thickening is exactly what reversal of miniaturization is, it's also the lengthening of the growth phase, they both go hand in hand.

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
LLLT and 2% keto will not regrow hair no matter what anyone tells you, but if you think they're helping, more power to you.

What proof have you? LLLT is recognized in medical literature and by the vast majority of doctors as effective. 2% keto shampoo is proven to increase hair diameter. Their is a study of 2% keto cream with photos comparable to minoxidil results if not better.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer! But wouldn't that hair be slightly thinner and then buy me another 2-3 years?

It just depends. I have had thick terminal hair fall out and regrow the next cycle as peach fuzz. It happened on my left hair line.