Does Hair Loss Really Gets Stabilised After Turning 30

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it true that hairloss is stabilised after 30?Can people who were not on hair loss meds share their experience as to how their hairloss progressed after 30 and when did it actually stabilised?

I am a diffuse thinner, is it true for me as well?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a wrong way of looking at it, its not really dependent on age, rather than stage of loss. The idea is the more hair you lose, the loss does indeed seem to slow down by itself. This is why you see some guys lose the first few norwood levels very quicky, but then seem to sit at NW3/4 for sometimes decades, and don't lose again until they start to get into their elderly years.

It is not known why this is, some say that as you age your testosterone/DHT may fall faster than your folical resistance to DHT and it creates a "sweet spot" for a period of time where baldness stops. Others say the more bald you are, the less inflammation there is on the scalp, which helps remaining hair.

Ultimately, everyone is different and cannot be predicted easily.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell no. I’m 42 and most of my hair loss occurred starting 36-37.

Your genes determine when your hair loss starts and how fast it progresses. The only way to “stabilize” hair loss is to throw lots of time and money at it, though some in here have had great results with just time and hard work.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some sources state that it slows down at 35-40. I'm almost 35 so I hope this is true (although I really doubt it).

In all honesty, mine started at around 29/30. I'm a norwood 2 diffuse thinner with retrograde alopecia. The hairline is the slowest progressing for me.

I wouldn't say I'm balding that quickly, but it is definitely happening.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine started at 30, ended up needing a hair transplant 5 years later.