Does Hair Loss Correspond With Areas Of Red Scalp?

Wheatthins26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently 22 and have been dealing with hairloss for the past couple of years. I have been using the big three for almost two years, but may be losing ground after having initial success.

Currently, the part of my scalp with the thickest hair (apart from the sides and back) is at the center of my hairline. Along with receding at the corners of my hairline, I’ve noticed that the hair, beginning about two inches back from the lowest hair of the thick center hairline,is of a worse quality (more scalp showing, drier in quality). I’ve also noticed that the change in hair quality corresponds with a striking change in scalp color. Where the hair is thickest at the front, the scalp is very white, while the scalp under the weaker hair has a much redder hue.

I’m wondering if the red scalp color is merely a symptom of hair loss factors, or if the unhealthy scalp is a causative factor (like as a result of an infection or something) and could possibly be treated with certain medications. Does anyone have any experience with a red scalp specifically in hair loss areas?

Kresor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think so. My scalp is red when I scratch my crown hair, but I don't see any hair lose. Same goes to every part of my hair that I scratch when it tickles me.

Kresor

My Regimen
Reaction score
And sometimes when I wake up, I can see my scalp is a bit red when I take a picture, but still, like I said, no hair lose, but it may depend