Does FOAM even work?

vtec

Reaction score
Every forum I go to, almost every other post, I read stuff like 'foam causes a massive shed, and I have been on it for 5,7,9 months and NO growth, just shed'.. I rarely see a positive comment on foam. :freaked2:

Has foam worked for the majority of people here who used it, or what? Some people post foam as being a hair remover!! :!:

Can foam remove transplanted hair? :x

I had bad sides using propecia, so I switched to foam. been on it for 2 weeks now. Can't really say I see anything at all yet..

But if I will lose everything i have in few months, should I just naturally try to lose it or speed up the loss with foam?

WTF... this is so messed up.. so it seems like rogain liquid worked better for people? The manual in the box says to use it for 4 months and if you do not see results, quit. Yet people claim to be on it for 7 months with no results.

Some say their SHED begins at 7 months!!!!! :freaked:

What on earth is going on????

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
My hunch is that a lot of those people with completely freaked out posts...

are simply the non-responders blaming the juice.

The 20% (or more) who it won't work for, or works for a minute, then poots out.

Honestly, if someone is shedding for 7 months, it's not the minoxidil.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vtec,

I've been on the Foam for 5 months now and previous to that I was on the liquid. I can honestly tell you that both of them work well. As a matter of fact, when I switched to foam my hair even got/felt better, not to mention it is so easy to apply compared to the liquid. Be patient for results it will take at least 3-4 months to see something.

vtec

Reaction score
im not expecting results in 2 weeks..

im saying that i never read positive things on foam.. but it can be true that the few who see nothing only post.. i just hope im one of the few who sees results.

what is retin a? how is it used? sides?

just wish i saw more positive stuff on foam.. it is VERY easy to apply and feels good applying.. like the smell too. :wink:

thanks

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
vtec said:
just wish i saw more positive stuff on foam.. it is VERY easy to apply and feels good applying.. like the smell too. :wink:
thanks

Keep in mind that the foam really hasn't been available for that long. I think it became generally available in September/October +/- of last year. Not everyone hopped aboard at that time even...and for those that did - in 6 months you're not going to see any dramatic stories that can be attributed directly to it.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was already on finasteride for a few years, and then added nizoral and foam, and I'm getting some great results.

vtec

Reaction score
i was on finasteride for 5+ yrs.. VERY bad sides became of it.. i stayed with it to tolerate it, but now i want out completly.

just something about changing ur hormones to go against what nature intented doesnt seem like it will work in long haul...

but i hope foam + nizoral 1% will be a success...

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I started the foam 2 months ago and Yes it works.
Easy to apply, makes hair look good and makes your hair grow :)
I have been on proscar 1mg/day for 4 and I don't really know if it did any good.

vtec

Reaction score
so you been on proscar for 4yrs?

so you didnt realize growth till you used foam?

finasteride is deadly... :freaked2:

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar maintains, and foam makes hair growth.
I'm 22, I started proscar at 18.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
First, I have been on Liquid for 1 year and had good results.

Later switched to Foam, have been on it for 4 months. the results were not as great as the liquid version. And I knew this was going to happen.

But, Foam has less side effects. I did not grow hair in my face, the liquid grew hair below my temples in my face, and it was not nice to my scalp.

so, I would say, if you can afford side effects, but grow more hair go for liquid, but if you want to keep what you have left and don't want side effects, stay on foam.

Also, foam is easier to apply. With liquid you always finish quiting in the long term, cause its really a pain in the *** to apply. While the foam is very easy.

I think I will buy Retinol tomorrow and mix it up with foam. Any suggestions?

Greetings.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
my issue with foam feedback on here is that a lot of the time i see people realy impressed with it becuase it goes on so easily, and isnt as messy as the liquid etc etc. makes you think people might be overlooking any results, or lack of them!

juhis

Reaction score
vtec said:
i was on finasteride for 5+ yrs.. VERY bad sides became of it.. i stayed with it to tolerate it, but now i want out completly.

just something about changing ur hormones to go against what nature intented doesnt seem like it will work in long haul...

but i hope foam + nizoral 1% will be a success...

but dude....aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? even by using rogaine youre going against what nature intended and that is to go bald

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
juhis said:
but dude....aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? even by using rogaine youre going against what nature intended and that is to go bald

And how do you know that is what nature intended? There are other factors that influence hair loss, outside of our very own DNA.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
MSFB said:
my issue with foam feedback on here is that a lot of the time i see people realy impressed with it becuase it goes on so easily, and isnt as messy as the liquid etc etc. makes you think people might be overlooking any results, or lack of them!

Well, the foam is a fairly new product. So it will take quite some time before everyone can access it's effectiveness individually. Many have only begun using it this year (myself included). And we are just reaching the 6th month of 2007!

The other thing to note, and please keep this one in mind, is that the foam is practically identical to the liquid version. Both products contain 5% minoxidil! It' just they differ in the delivery vehicle. The foam, being foam, absorbs better into the scalp and dries much faster. Remember, you are basically comparing minoxidil vs. minoxidil, not finasteride/eucapil/spironolactone vs. minoxidil.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i get it, i just saying it can be decieving when a lot of people say they rate the foam highly, just becuase its easy to apply.

anyway, ive been on for 1.5 months, not seen any new hairs or shedding yet.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
MSFB said:
yeah i get it, i just saying it can be decieving when a lot of people say they rate the foam highly, just becuase its easy to apply.

anyway, ive been on for 1.5 months, not seen any new hairs or shedding yet.

It's hard to be patient sometimes yeah :)

I had some regrowth at 2.5months, so wait a little bit more man. Sometimes it can take 6 months.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
foam works for me, you just have to be consistent and patient.