Does finasteride results keep going downhill after 5 years?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if your results while taking finasteride keep going downhill after 5 years?. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know, there are no studies over 5 years of using propecia. But what I know about drugs is that if you use a drug for long use then over time the drug will fade out.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apparently they do. finasteride wont stop hairloss, it will slow it down.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully with this regimen it wont go downhill.

Propecia (1mg daily)
Viviscal
Xandrox 15 (day)
Proxiphen (night)
Revivogen scalp serum ( 1 x daily)
Laser Comb (M,W,F,)
Shampoo's = Dr.Lee's Regrowth (M,W,F,) + Nano (T,Th,S,) + Revivogen
Shampoo on Sunday.

drinkrum, what do you think about this regimen for the long term results ?

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG, LOL! That's not a regimen, its a LIFESTYLE! :p :D

stax said:

Propecia (1mg daily)
Viviscal
Xandrox 15 (day)
Proxiphen (night)
Laser Comb (M,W,F,)
Shampoo on Sunday.

Cassin

Reaction score
stax said:

Propecia (1mg daily)
Viviscal
Xandrox 15 (day)
Proxiphen (night)
Laser Comb (M,W,F,)
Shampoo on Sunday.

stax

Please my friend, slowwwww down. You could easily drop 3 of your items and still net the same results.

Cassin

Reaction score
stax said:
cassin, which ones could i drop ?

Viviscal
Xandrox 15 (day)
Proxiphen (night)

Add in regular Dr Lees minoxidil twice a day and you have a very solid regimen that will work for a very long time. IF down the road should your results begin to wane you can add back in stuff later. Keep your regimen easy to use.

Or you could drop the other stuff and add just Proxiphen and Propecia. There are several ways you could tweek your regimen but the you have it now is way overboard and is probably way too much for your scalp to handle in the long run.

I hate to be critical to you and as I have stated to you before I understand you want to do everything you can, but using so many powerful topicals all at one time is not a good idea. Especially all within such a short time frame as you have done.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Viviscal
Xandrox 15 (day)
Proxiphen (night)

Add in regular Dr Lees minoxidil twice a day and you have a very solid regimen that will work for a very long time. IF down the road should your results begin to wane you can add back in stuff later. Keep your regimen easy to use.

Or you could drop the other stuff and add just Proxiphen and Propecia. There are several ways you could tweek your regimen but the you have now is way overboard and is probably way too much for your scalp to handle in the long run.

I hate to be critical to you and as I have stated to you before I understand you want to do everything you can, but using so many powerful topicals all at one time is not a good idea. Especially all within such a short time frame as you have done.

stax,

If I were in your shoes, I would just use finasteride (Propecia) and a decent shampoo such as Nizoral or T/Gel. Add stuff later (e.g. minoxidil) if you need it. But for many people, finasteride does the trick.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Cassin said:
LOL I got quoted when I was editing a post, damn. :oops:

drinkrum I believe he has been using minoxidil for half a year am I right stax?

Gotcha. :shock:

If he's been using minoxidil already, he could continue or just slowly decrease applications until he's not taking it anymore. I strongly think that people just starting to battle hair loss, should stick with one thing at a time. Start off with finasteride and a decent shampoo, and add things later. There's no point in overkill.

D.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks cassin for the advise and drinkrum im looking to regrow my hairline back some what. Using 5% Rogaine for 5 month's made little black hairs grow in where my hairline receeded and i want them to turn to terminal hairs again.That's my main goal. My other goals are to slightly thicken my existing hair and maintain it. Oh, i forgot to mention im not taking the Viviscal for male pattern baldness im taking it for my thin eyebrow's. I heard that it can be helpful for alopecia and i think i have a small case of it or somethin on my eyebrow's because they have always been thin and not full of hair my whole life. But since taking Viviscal for around 2 month's im starting to see hairs pop up from spots where there was none before. Strange eh ?

drinkrum

Reaction score
stax said:
Hey, no i've been using Minoxidil for 5 month's so far.

stax,

Keep it simple. If I were you, I would just stick with finasteride and save minoxidil for later, if it is needed.

D.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, i e-mailed Dr.proctor and asked him what the strength of Minoxidil and spironolactone was in the Prescription Proxiphen and this is what he said.

"2%. But you can leave each one out and it seems to make little difference in the efficiancy".

SO what do you think he means? What are the major ingrediants in it that make it so efficiant without spironolactone and Minoxidil ? I dont like the idea that there is only 2% minoxidil and 2% spironolactone in it and im starting to think about dropping the idea of buying Proxiphen. Any advice?

Cheyenne Press

Reaction score
Hey, I really don't think 5 years is a magic number or anything.

I started using finasteride when I was 19 and first started to notice that I was losing my hair. I'm 26 now, and I have a full head of hair. You really can't even tell if it's thinning if it's soaking wet.

So yeah, I had some regrowth, and I've kept things to this point.
It's been 6.5 years, and I'm in pretty good shape.

I periodically use 5% minoxidil. I might apply it every other day. Maybe .5 mL. Usually after showering.

I've personally read great results off of fluridil, so I might try it in the coming years. It's kind of expensive right now, but I'm sure the price will come down. Read nothing but good results off of it, and it has the added bonus of attacking other androgens other than DHT with no systemic side-effects.

Good luck, dude.