Does Finasteride Raise Estrogen And Can It Be Reversed?

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I was reading something on /r/tressless earlier today and I have yet to find a thread that validates his science. I want to know what HairLossTalk.com's opinion is on this, and if there is any research/studies out there.

Hello everyone. Let me say first and foremost, much of this is all based on science from different studies, but bring them all together, it's part theory, but it all makes perfect sense.

First, a little bit about myself. I'm currently 22 and just began taking Finasteride. I started losing my hair at 15, very slowly. By the time I was 18, I had a noticeable bald spot, and diffuse thinning. I am 22 and my hair loss has improved due to a number of natural remedies, but I am now on Finasteride as I want to really put a halt to my hair loss. My hair loss is by no means bad, but I can definitely REGROW my lost hair, I am 100% certain of that. I never started taking Finasteride right away because of yes, the side effects that I heard oh so much about.

Lets get into some theory here. Finasteride Syndrome consists of a few things. No libido, ED and sometimes depression. Everyone claims that this is because of the lack of DHT from Finasteride use. This is true, to a degree. But blaming Finasteride is incorrect, at least indirectly. When every male first starts puberty, they begin producing testosterone, but have very little, to no DHT. Even before puberty, all your androgen levels are quite low, but were you ever depressed or suicidal? I highly doubt it. Did you still like women when you were pre-pubescent? I sure did. I'm sure you did too. What I'm getting at here is, that the real problem and reason some people face side effects from Finasteride, is because of Estrogen. More specifically, Estrogen dominance.

Many of us know that DHT is an Estrogen antagonist. It keeps Estrogen levels low. If we eliminate DHT, we give Estrogen a chance to proliferate.

NOTE: IF A MALE'S ESTROGEN GOES EVEN SLIGHTLY OUT OF RANGE, TOO HIGH OR TOO LOW, THEY WILL SUFFER FROM ED, LOW LIBIDO, DEPRESSION, ETC.

Cutting to the chase, the key here is to ensure that Estrogen does not increase. This is incredibly easy to do, once you understand biochemistry, without drugs.

First and foremost, guys...At least ensure you are healthy before getting on Finasteride. The less issues the better. The next step is to ensure that you live a lifestyle and having eating habits that promote high Testosterone levels.

High Fat, Moderate Protein, Moderate/Low Carb.

The next step, is taking proper supplements that do the any of the following:

1) Prevent the conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen

2) Increase levels of Total & Free Testosterone

3) Remove excess Estrogen from the body

Zinc - Supplementing with high doses of zinc has proven to increase free Testosterone levels by a whopping 40% http://www.ergo-log.com/zinctest.html

Zinc is also a known anti-aromatase (prevents the conversion of testosterone to estrogen). Some body builders throw out their AI stack and rely purely on high doses of zinc, and it works. Zinc is simply one of the most important minerals a man can take. (Note: You lose quite a valuable amount of zinc each time you ejaculate, and also increase DHT levels by a ton. NoFap for hairloss is legit) Zinc has also had claims that it is actually a good DHT inhibitor itself. Miracle Mineral. It cured my acne issue as well.

Calcium-D-Glucarate - A supplement that removes excess estrogen from the body. It isn't a very popular supplement, but is gaining leverage these days. It's incredibly powerful.

Indole-3-Carbinol - I'm sure many of you have heard of this before. It's found in calciferous veggies such as broccoli. I3C is a strong excess Estrogen eliminator.

These are just a few of, but in my opinion the TOP natural remedies to keep Estrogen low & Testosterone high.

I cannot stress the importance of these supplements as well as a high-fat diet. High fat diets are PROVEN to result in higher testosterone levels. Combine that with weight-lifting, supplementing and ensuring that your Estrogen stays in check, I am certain those of you experiencing sides, or are worried about them, can eliminate or prevent them entirely. Some of this is theory, but a lot of this is all well-documented fact.

I am a biochemistry major and I study Medical Nutrition. I will also keep you guys up to date with my Finasteride journey. If I am wrong, I'll eat my words. However, that is highly, highly unlikely ;)

Any comments, questions or concerns, I'll answer to the best of my ability. I didn't put too much time into this post, apologies for that. The point has been established though.

Credit goes to this OP
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...de_safely_preventing/?st=iy3qj4ck&sh=04a228b3

Last edited:

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Very interesting.

But theres one guy who took zinc and it seems like finasteride lost his effectiveness. Sounds a little bit odd.

1. zinc does not work preventingnsides
2. finasteride loses effect

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
Very interesting.

But theres one guy who took zinc and it seems like finasteride lost his effectiveness. Sounds a little bit odd.

1. zinc does not work preventingnsides
2. finasteride loses effect

Wait, what are you saying? That Zinc renders finasteride useless? i.e. if one takes zinc, it will make finasteride ineffective?

Cheers.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro , finasteride raise oestrogen that is a fact : on average 15 % but can be much more depending on the sensibility
And you can take as much zinc or grape seed as you want it will not couter oestrogenic sides or make finasteride useless . you will have to take arimidex to stop oestrogenic sides

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate. Does using this armidex have any effect on the efficacy of finasteride? Even reduced dosages of finasteride give me oestrogenic sides like sudden weight gain and lower libido.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry those two points were a summary from the guy who made the first post on reddit sorry. I do not believe that, but he said it.

I am just very interested to lower my side and decrease estrogen!

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for over 20 years. The only sides I've experienced have been a loss of hair - but not on my head. The loss has taken place on my legs and arms, and to my beard to a lesser degree. I know of a couple guys who've developed man tits, but it was a subtle effect.

ArroçAlForn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting post.

I just stopped taking finas due to side effects 3 months ago, and now I'm condidering taking it again (because of the Brotzu's lotion delay) with all these stuff above, but first I will make an appointment with a doctor to make sure of the safety of all those products.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for over 20 years. The only sides I've experienced have been a loss of hair - but not on my head. The loss has taken place on my legs and arms, and to my beard to a lesser degree. I know of a couple guys who've developed man tits, but it was a subtle effect.

How has your hair (scalp) maintained over the 20 years you've been on finasteride? Some of the more recent studies indicate it does not lose effectiveness. Has this been your experience?

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has your hair (scalp) maintained over the 20 years you've been on finasteride? Some of the more recent studies indicate it does not lose effectiveness. Has this been your experience?

It's maintained well enough. Over the years – and this is just a guess – it seems like I've lost an additional 10% since I've been on both Finasteride and Minoxidil. Most of my loss is in at the crown, and I've had some receding at my hairline.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes it increases estrogen and lowers test

test = hard dick and sex

estrogen = itchy nipples, moobs and crying whilst watching judge rinder and wearing a pair of high heels

your hormone levels can be effected permanetly but chances are you can reverse them with the right drugs.

the moobs however will be with you forever