Does finasteride increase hazard of type 2 diabetes?

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I keep seeing weird articles liek this nad I wanna know

U.K. participants were 55,000 men (mean age, 70) who received ≥2 prescriptions for dutasteride, finasteride, or tamsulosin. After a mean 5.2-year follow-up, 2100 men had developed type 2 diabetes. Adjusted for multiple variables, risk for type 2 diabetes was 32% and 26% higher in the dutasteride and finasteride groups, respectively, than in the tamsulosin group. Similar results were obtained for the Taiwan cohort and in propensity score–matched analyses.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s for 5mg though which is extremely high dose.

Can you find a study with 1mg daily or EOD or even lower doses than that? I take 0.5mg every other day. Wonder what the risk factors with that.

Regardless, this outlines why finasteride isn’t a long term solution and getting a hair transplant etc should be eventually sought.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you find a study with 1mg daily or EOD or even lower doses than that? I take 0.5mg every other day. Wonder what the risk factors with that.

Regardless, this outlines why finasteride isn’t a long term solution and getting a hair transplant etc should be eventually sought.
some peopel tell me they get no really bad sides with finasteride for 20 years lol.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

wouldn't oyu be fine with taking 0.25 everyday? or are oyu waiting for hte half life to expire before exposing your body to it agian.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
some peopel tell me they get no really bad sides with finasteride for 20 years lol.
isnt being on finasteride for years upon years extremely dangerous tho for some reason. people tell me like haircafe that stopping dht doesn't relaly do much, it's an unnecessary hormone.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I cut my pill 5 into 1.25s. everyday is what I take. is that way too much? should I go as low into cutting those 1.25s into halfs?

I was taking 0.5 before.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wouldn't oyu be fine with taking 0.25 everyday? or are oyu waiting for hte half life to expire before exposing your body to it agian.

I am maintaining fine with taking it EOD, don’t see a need to increase dose

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am maintaining fine with taking it EOD, don’t see a need to increase dose
so if I'm taking only maybe 1mg a day, and nothing more, then that isn't the cause of my diabetes most liekyl if I were having signs.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so if I'm taking only maybe 1mg a day, and nothing more, then that isn't the cause of my diabetes most liekyl if I were having signs.

Bro, health is more important than hair. If you are having signs of diabetes, fick finasteride and get treatment before you develop full blown diabetes.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that all you’ve done for your hair? Any transplants or just finasteride

Gonna have a transplant soon. I unfortunately started finasteride way too late, now on it just so I don’t become a shiny bald NW7 and also so I can use hair fibers.

Speenybean

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna have a transplant soon. I unfortunately started finasteride way too late, now on it just so I don’t become a shiny bald NW7 and also so I can use hair fibers.
Yea I’ve been on it for about 8 years. Was taking 1mg everyday but I recently cut it down to eod because I’m worrried of long term effects on hormones and such. But could just be a bag stigma not sure. Are you in the USA? Who will be doing your transplant.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re maintaining with 1mg EOD?
I recently switched to EOD from every day but I’m doing 1.25 EOD at the moment.
dude I was taking 1.25 every single day and sometimes accidentally twice out of depression. Then I started feeling issues