Does Finasteride decrease muscle mass?

onelifeonewar

Reaction score
1 month into finasteride 1mg and everything is good so far. My workout regimen is very intense, as I train 5-6 days a week and compete in men's physique. I was kind of worried since it would be detrimental to me to have that happen. I've read that finasteride has no affect on muscles mass and I've read that it has some sort of affect? I'm beginning to think it is all a mental thing between people who worry too much about it?

I just need a solid answer for this. Thanks guys.

shookwun

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any difference.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
1 month into finasteride 1mg and everything is good so far. My workout regimen is very intense, as I train 5-6 days a week and compete in men's physique. I was kind of worried since it would be detrimental to me to have that happen. I've read that finasteride has no affect on muscles mass and I've read that it has some sort of affect? I'm beginning to think it is all a mental thing between people who worry too much about it?

I just need a solid answer for this. Thanks guys.

yes and penile mass whiles on it.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
No but my muscle hardness has gone done slightly, probably due slightly elevated estrogen. Nothing to worry about though, some cardio and decreasing my macros will reduce the problem. I don't think that our levels of DHT has a huge effect on muscle building. Ask any bodybuilder who uses proviron or halotestin if they put on any muscle mass from it, they'll say haven't.

menbram

Reaction score
Nope

Did not make any difference to my buddy's gains, but he did have some sexual side effects...

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride inhibits the production of the enzyme responsible for reducing test into DHT. So, if anything, you would have more free-floating test in your body than you did without finasteride. Also, DHT is androgenic and not anabolic: it has no effect on muscle development.