does finasteride CAUSE prostatitis/pelvic pain?

JJ1980

Reaction score
How many have you experienced prostatitis AFTER taking finasteride/propecia or pain in the groin?

I currently have prostatitis and I'm only 23. I've talked to another friend thats 25 who has used propecia and is also currently experiencing prostatitis.

I refuse to believe kids in their twenties get prostatitis suddenly. It also seems that many people who have sides while on finasteride/propecia get this weird clear fluid that seeps out of their penis. This is in my opinion, most likely prostatic fluid seeping out because their prostate is inflamed.

I took 1 mg of finasteride daily for 6 months and have been off of it for 7 months. I have been experiecing chronic prostatitis for about 2 months.

It also seems that the people who post about the sides seem to complain about prostatitis.... (aside from hormonal imbalances)

mrfuture

Reaction score
Also you ? Damn, now I am really scared to place my first order...other people mentioned this before, and you are only 23...lik me....so it is a possibility for me also.

What brand are you taking ? Could it be that it occurs mostly to people who cut it on their own from PROSCAR or FINCAR and are therefore taking more than 1mg ?

Scary stuff.....prostatitis ?????????? Can't be good....people mentoned blood in their semen...I think I would faint if I see that on me.....

Why, why why couldn't it be that it worked without sides ???????

oh well....

future

mrfuture

Reaction score
I think you might find this interesting.....

Ok, I am back with the results. The following pretty much sums it all:

"Overview
Prostatitis is a term used to describe inflammatory conditions of the prostate gland. It is thought that most cases of prostatitis result from bacterial infection, but evidence of infection is not always found. An infected or inflamed prostate can cause painful urination and ejaculation, and if left untreated, serious complications.

Incidence and Prevalence
Prostatitis can affect men of any age and it is estimated that 50% of men experience the disorder during their lifetime. Prostatitis is the most common urological disorder in men over the age of 50 and the third most common disorder in men younger than 50.
According to the National Institutes of Health, prostatitis accounts for 25% of all office visits involving the genitourinary system by young and middle-aged men.

Nonbacterial prostatitis and prostatodynia, which is also called chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), are the most common diagnoses. Bacterial prostatitis (acute and chronic) accounts for less than 5–10% of cases. Acute bacterial prostatitis occurs most often in men under age 35, and chronic bacterial prostatitis primarily affects men between the ages of 40 and 70. " (CNN HEALTH)

I think the message is pretty clear: it is very common for young males to get this condition. Now, here's the most interesting part:

"Finasteride may be prescribed for men with prostatitis (especially chronic prostatitis/pelvic pain syndrome, inflammatory), who also have moderate symptoms of prostate enlargement." (YAHOO HEALTH)

In no way I want to say that those who are under Finasteride and had prostatitis are lying, BUT, we also must make reasearch in order to see how probable IS that finasteride is the actual cause of such problems.

Do your own DD and make you own choices, as always.

MrFuture

FunkTube

Reaction score
I read about this too, that PROSCAR is actually prescribed for inflammed prostate. It just doesn't make sense to me... but clearly there is some correlation going on.

Mine kills too, ejaculation is soo painful and often leaves my urethra itchy....i've been on 1mg finasteride for 5 months and this is pretty much going to be a deal breaker as I haven't seen much stoppage in hairloss either.....

FunkTube

Reaction score
can anyone else describe exactly how it feels for them? I sometimes/often have painful ejaculation and pain like deep in my shaft, sometimes itchy urethra too...anyone else?

Worriedguy360

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey anybody update on this please. I think I have prostatitis induced by finasteride 0.5mg, it's exactly as OP said, pain in between scrotum and rectum + balls, and groin. And I noticed a bit of white stuff seep out a little after peeing,
Never happened before, and I've been on 0.5mg finasteride for 10 days now