does finasteride cause premature ageing of skin?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it work for under eye circles and bags under the eyes? Can you guys post a link to the ones you use. Thx.
I get mine from alldaychemist.com but seems like they are hit or miss with having in stock.

I would start with .04% (make sure you get the microsphere) and use very sparingly a few times a week to see how your skin tolerates. It will look like crap in the beginning but it def works. Avoid sun exposure and wear sunscreen while using.

otann

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I recall reading, the increased dermal thickness of male skin relative to that of females can be attributed to testosterone and DHEA, not DHT. The role of the latter is primarily skin hydration by means of increased sebum production (and maybe skin darkening, too), but the very sebum production that improves hydration also facilitates acne development (and consequent scarring). Anecdotally, finasteride and dutasteride have significantly reduced my oiliness, and while certainly not universal, that does tend to be a somewhat-common side effect. I just use moisturizer to offset this and, in conjunction with tretinoin, my skin looks the best it ever has.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get mine from alldaychemist.com but seems like they are hit or miss with having in stock.

I would start with .04% (make sure you get the microsphere) and use very sparingly a few times a week to see how your skin tolerates. It will look like crap in the beginning but it def works. Avoid sun exposure and wear sunscreen while using.
I don't see any Tretinoin that's 0.04% on AllDayChemist or that mentions "microsphere".

I only see 0.05%.

Do you have a link for the 0.04% with the microsphere? And how can I tell it has microsphere. Sorry I've never heard of microsphere before.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any Tretinoin that's 0.04% on AllDayChemist or that mentions "microsphere".

I only see 0.05%.

Do you have a link for the 0.04% with the microsphere? And how can I tell it has microsphere. Sorry I've never heard of microsphere before.
I searched "retin" and it instantly popped-up. Try that but here are the links to .04% and .1%

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I searched "retin" and it instantly popped-up. Try that but here are the links to .04% and .1%
Thank you mate, really appreciate it.