Does Exercise Kill My Libido? Should I Take Zinc?

tochung

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently started taking finasteride and have noticed an increase in sex drive in the first two weeks after taking it. However, last week I started jogging for 5 days and 45 minutes each day. I noticed a decline in sex drive but strangely an improvement in the quality of erection.

I am thinking of taking zinc as a supplement to see if that will help increase my sex drive, and i also want to know if exercise is the culprit of the loss of sex drive.

But anyway, if i take 25 mg of zinc picolinante a day. Should I also take 2 mg of copper to prevent deficiency?

Thanks for your input in advance.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly reccomend taking zinc. It is lost through your sweat and thus the more you exercise the more likely you are to be deficient. A zinc deficiency can lower your libido and testosterone. I take 15mg a day and noticed a slight increase in my libido after a few weeks.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Moderate intensity continuous training is not necessarily good for you if it's your entire program.

High intensity interval training and heavy strength training are better.

Jogging is a good adjunct though. But studies have shown that jogging by itself does little.

It's probably best to get your minerals through food if you can.