Does EVERYONE experience at least some degree of minor sides effects on finasteride?

eshack

Reaction score
Even minor imperceptible that people don't even notice until they come off the medication (due to how slowly and steadily some of the side effects develop)?

I know that the statistics talk mostly about the major side effects, but are some people completely immune to ALL Propecia side effects? If so, what percentage of people report ZERO side effects whatsoever?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, not everyone will experience some degree of minor side effects on Finasteride. Some get side effects, some don't get any.

I take Dutasteride and haven't suffered any side effects.

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm an 18yr old guy who hasn't suffered any side effects whatsover :)

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on both spironolactone and finasteride for about a month now and so far the only thing I've noticed is slightly lower libido. It's very slight though and to be honest I'm fine with it (had a naturally very high libido as it was so it's not like it's low now). Erections are just as strong as ever.

canade

Reaction score
Had dry eyes and a slightly lower libido in the first two months or so, but they went away. So now I can say I have zero sides.

LewisHamilton

Banned
Reaction score
Anything that blocks DHT is going to have an effect on your body, some people don't get sides initially but if you continue taking that poison for years you are going to permanently damage your male hormonal function. ie it essentially strips away your sexual desire making you no longer posses any function down there. Dht is essential in making a man a MAN!! without it you are a Eunuch.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
What about the guys(which is in the 100's of thousands at least) that have been taking it for many many years without any issues? When do you see things going bad for them? Do you think they will regret being able to keep their hair for many years and having sex with the hottest women? Or do you think they will regret taking the drug and wish they would have just went bald gracefully and dated a handful of overweight single mothers? Not to mention being able to look in the mirror every day and actually like what you see.

Some guys will get screwed up, there is no doubt in my mind, but not all. Please don't make it seem like everybody that takes the drug will end up with PFS. To all the guys that are considering taking the drug, educate yourself and make the decision that is best for you.

ireland90

Reaction score
I took a bad hit to libido and had yellowing/blood shot eyes for about a week tops, now I'm not having any sides whatsoever about a month in.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I took a bad hit to libido and had yellowing/blood shot eyes for about a week tops, now I'm not having any sides whatsoever about a month in.

Not sure if this was due to finasteride, but I would have went to see a Dr. immediately.

ireland90

Reaction score
Not sure if this was due to finasteride, but I would have went to see a Dr. immediately.

Its a sign of your liver having a hard time dealing with it. I'd just previously been on accutane for a while and noticed the same thing. finasteride is metabolised heavily in the liver so I'd say it is/was nothing to worry about.