does dutasteride have a higher percentage of occurring side effects then finasteride?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would be interesting to know. from the logic id say yes but what is the hard data saying?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, Of course . Cause , first you are blocking much higher amount of enzyme and of DHT, second, Dutasteride have hepatotoxic effects, google it on pubmed. It will cause liver damage , you MUST check your liver enzymes before and after and during the treatment on dutasteride.

jazz1

Reaction score

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dustasteride after many years on finasteride. Started getting tenderness and lumpiness in my chest after only a month of use. Anecdotal for sure, but it made me jump ship immediately

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what about topical solutions? is it the same or do work finasterde and duta different there?

from this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-fue-scar-repairs-fue-bht-dr-mwamba.126309/

"Gyno (had to be surgically removed). Lost of libido. Prostate pain. Extreme brain fog and fatigue. No erections
Switched to topical finasteride. Same sides even with the lower dose when used with DMI.
Switched to topical finasteride without DMI. 0.05%, absolute lowest dose. No side effects but did not stop hair loss either.
Switched to topical dutasteride 1%. (2mg per ml). Completely stopped hair loss. No side effects. I use it once a month to not allow build up
Only side effect I get is a little anxiety the first 2 days when waking up after applying it. Then it goes away."

does this make sense?