Does Diet Play Any Role In Male Pattern Baldness??

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I beleive that diet has no or very little role in male pattern baldness.I have seen my friends eating junk food smoking drinking all they yet they have thick hair.Here I don't drink or smoke yet suffering from hairloss.Tried adding healthy food only and no consumption of junk food or drinks.But that hasn't helped I think.

I think those who are genetically disposed to baldness will go bald unless they start on medication.It will only slow hairloss .

Give your opinion

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely none. If your hair is gonna fall, it will fall no matter what. If it ain’t gonna fall, you can eat uranium with your toast ed and you won’t lose a single hair. I was on Mediterranean diet, we are talking old school grandma stuff. Norwood 5. So, no.

The ignorance is mind-boggling. Diet is always important. Ever heard of inflammation? That sh*t will destroy your hair. It's just certain people react differently to the foods we eat. Your hair will still fall out, but at least you can slow down the process and help out a little. I know for me when I go out on a 3 day alcohol escapade, my hair look's like Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz; my scalp is also warm and tender.

A healthy lifestyle will help your scalp. Not maybe as much as finasteride or minoxidil, but why not hold on to every last strand for as long as possible?

abcdefg

Reaction score
The ignorance is mind-boggling. Diet is always important. Ever heard of inflammation? That sh*t will destroy your hair. It's just certain people react differently to the foods we eat. Your hair will still fall out, but at least you can slow down the process and help out a little. I know for me when I go out on a 3 day alcohol escapade, my hair look's like Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz; my scalp is also warm and tender.

A healthy lifestyle will help your scalp. Not maybe as much as finasteride or minoxidil, but why not hold on to every last strand for as long as possible?

I respectfully disagree. If inflammation played an important role in male pattern baldness, and the poster above ate a very clean pure diet for many years than his hair loss would have stopped or slowed dramatically because a major inflammation component that was previous there is now removed from the equation.
He is Norwood 5 as are many prisoners, and athletes that eat very good diets. Lebron james and hundreds of athletes before/after him eat good because its there job yet they go bald very fast. If diet was some key most of them would stop going bald certainly a lot of them would see hair loss slow dramatically, and men would realize that athletes never go bald. This is just not the case.
Real world results do not gel with diet being any kind of important factor. It just doesnt. There is no compelling evidence showing this either. Most evidence shows a tiny amount of women go bald at 40+ compared to men because its hormones that control male pattern baldness.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. If inflammation played an important role in male pattern baldness, and the poster above ate a very clean pure diet for many years than his hair loss would have stopped or slowed dramatically because a major inflammation component that was previous there is now removed from the equation.
He is Norwood 5 as are many prisoners, and athletes that eat very good diets. Lebron james and hundreds of athletes before/after him eat good because its there job yet they go bald very fast. If diet was some key most of them would stop going bald certainly a lot of them would see hair loss slow dramatically, and men would realize that athletes never go bald. This is just not the case.
Real world results do not gel with diet being any kind of important factor. It just doesnt. There is no compelling evidence showing this either. Most evidence shows a tiny amount of women go bald at 40+ compared to men because its hormones that control male pattern baldness.

It's not a binary answer dude. I'm not saying removing inflammation will stop hair loss. I'm saying for SOME people, the reason for SOME of their hair loss is from their diet... So if you think you're scalp is always hot to the touch, red, tender, itchy. I think it's safe to say that if you changed your diet to foods that are anti-inflammatory, that scalp will heal, and that hair will blossom.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think diet causes male pattern baldness--plenty of healthy people who live to a ripe old age go bald and plenty of middle age alcoholics have full heads of hair HOWEVER I do think if you have male pattern baldness diet can help influence the speed or severity. For example, the traditional Asian diet (soy, seaweed, green and black teas, etc.) have been shown to be beneficial for hair loss and prostate issues (which seems to have many parallels to each other).

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been avoiding junk food and all other sh*t still my scalp is itchy and I am experiencing reduced density day by day .Its so unfair.There are some people who no matter what they eat they always will have thick hair.Here we are.All we can do is maintain or slow the process of hair.No regrowth with any sh*t

abcdefg

Reaction score
It's not a binary answer dude. I'm not saying removing inflammation will stop hair loss. I'm saying for SOME people, the reason for SOME of their hair loss is from their diet... So if you think you're scalp is always hot to the touch, red, tender, itchy. I think it's safe to say that if you changed your diet to foods that are anti-inflammatory, that scalp will heal, and that hair will blossom.

I think it is a binary answer. If diet made a major difference than removing it would cause a dramatic difference in hair quality for men with male pattern baldness, and it would cause male pattern baldness in all men with bad diets. Real world male pattern baldness just doesnt prove this out. A prison is a perfect place to perform your experiment. Variety of people eating the same diet arguably not a great one for decades and decades. Sample their male pattern baldness percentages, and I promise you its close to general population or even a subset that is just athletes on great diets.This theory is pretty provable but no one has done the work yet
Most male doctors I see have major balding. You dont think doctors eat good diets? That is practically all they preach yet most women at older ages have amazing hair almost no hair loss.
What accounts for the huge huge difference in hair loss between men and women? Why do so few women at 50+ have any hair loss compared to the crazy high numbers of male pattern baldness for men? Women do go bald given testosterone or steroids by the way.

Last edited:

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is a binary answer. If diet made a major difference than removing it would cause a dramatic difference in hair quality for men with male pattern baldness, and it would cause male pattern baldness in all men with bad diets. Real world male pattern baldness just doesnt prove this out. A prison is a perfect place to perform your experiment. Variety of people eating the same diet arguably not a great one for decades and decades. Sample their male pattern baldness percentages, and I promise you its close to general population or even a subset that is just athletes on great diets.This theory is pretty provable but no one has done the work yet
Most male doctors I see have major balding. You dont think doctors eat good diets? That is practically all they preach yet most women at older ages have amazing hair almost no hair loss.
What accounts for the huge huge difference in hair loss between men and women? Why do so few women at 50+ have any hair loss compared to the crazy high numbers of male pattern baldness for men? Women do go bald given testosterone or steroids by the way.

Yeah I agree with u

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pattern baldness is polygenic condition. I don't think diet or smoking has any effect on male pattern baldness .there are 250 genes discovered so far that could have additive effect in progression on male pattern baldness.some genes have more effect some have less.
The best way to figure out your odds of getting bald is to look at your male relatives,count all and see which side all are heading or headed. If most of them bald/balding then there is little you can help yourself to avoid male pattern baldness.
Diet,DHT,height,addiction has very little effect on male pattern baldness. But it is good for overall health to keep pH of your blood slightly alkaline.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pattern baldness is polygenic condition. I don't think diet or smoking has any effect on male pattern baldness .there are 250 genes discovered so far that could have additive effect in progression on male pattern baldness.some genes have more effect some have less.
The best way to figure out your odds of getting bald is to look at your male relatives,count all and see which side all are heading or headed. If most of them bald/balding then there is little you can help yourself to avoid male pattern baldness.
Diet,DHT,height,addiction has very little effect on male pattern baldness. But it is good for overall health to keep pH of your blood slightly alkaline.

All of male relatives from my dad side are bald.My mom's dad still has hair at age of 70

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
All of male relatives from my dad side are bald.My mom's dad still has hair at age of 70
I would say your at risk .you may see hairloss as you age but you can start preventive treatments to stop or slow down hairloss.
Having bald paternal relatives is a imperative that you will follow the same path.but prevention is there and I am sure within a decade we will have a solution for male pattern baldness.so no need to be disappointed. Beat luck.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say your at risk .you may see hairloss as you age but you can start preventive treatments to stop or slow down hairloss.
Having bald paternal relatives is a imperative that you will follow the same path.but prevention is there and I am sure within a decade we will have a solution for male pattern baldness.so no need to be disappointed. Beat luck.

Thanks friend :)
I am already on duta
minoxidil liquid caused flakes all over my scalp and hair also turning grey

strange how in one hair my hair changed from thick black to thin flaky

abcdefg

Reaction score

DHT has very little effect on male pattern baldness? I think propecia has some thorough double blind studies that disagree with that.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT has very little effect on male pattern baldness? I think propecia has some thorough double blind studies that disagree with that.
DHT has no effect on male pattern baldness when it is in normal clinical range. Reducing DHT by 80%/will certainly helps but that has its side effects.I was mean that a normal variation in diet ,normal variation endocrine levels and so on has very little effect on male pattern baldness.