Does Combining Oral Dutasteride With Topical Finasteride Make Sense?

Jacob90

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am on dutasteride 0.5mg daily and wondering if adding 0.1% finasteride topical solution would result in any additional benefits in terms of temple regrowth. The topical solution with finasteride also contains minoxidil 15% which I’m planning to apply on my temples.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil yes but finaster does not make sense because oral dutasteride will lower ur dth more than topical finasteride.

Jacob90

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m planning to buy one of these 15% minoxidil solutions. The thing is one is 15% minoxidil only and the other one also has 15% minoxidil and contains 0,1% finasteride.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
That topical finasteride will have no added benefit so i would just buy 15% minoxidil cuz it's cheaper.

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe topical finasteride has benefits.

Anti - androgenic drugs used topically have good results.

Jacob90

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary could you shed some light? Would topical finasteride add more results to oral dutasteride (i.e. Work synergistically?) or it is useless like putting water to the bucket full of water? I don’t want to buy RU58841 as my treatment plan is already quite heavy financially.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary could you shed some light? Would topical finasteride add more results to oral dutasteride (i.e. Work synergistically?) or it is useless like putting water to the bucket full of water? I don’t want to buy RU58841 as my treatment plan is already quite heavy financially.

nah man dutasteride gives more scalp DHT suppression that finasteride can. Adding more finasteride won't do anything probably

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen studies suggesting finasteride dutasteride combination therapy can be superior to mono therapy of either 5ARI. Personally I wouldn't waste my time with topical finasteride, oral would be more effective.

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys random question but how do you get dutasteride when it's not FDA approved for hairloss ? I live in Canada, would a doctor be okay to prescribe it ?

sorry for not bringing anything of value, I'm new here and need help