Does Combing Out Old Hairspray With Toppiks Cause Hairloss In Those With Diffuse Thinning

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
It suddenly occured to me that the amount of force i'm applying to comb out the hairspray and toppiks must not be good for the miniaturized hair.

I've read that miniaturized hair is a lot easier to pull out, is this true?

LicoriceSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
YES! OBVIOUSLY

Rough combing, either to get "knots" or hair-product out can definitely TUG at the hair follicle and PLUCK it out.

The same concept as tweezing your hair.

Sometimes people with long hair will get their hair tangled in a brush or hair-scrunchie or hairband and when they take it off, the hair comes with it.

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
YES! OBVIOUSLY

Rough combing, either to get "knots" or hair-product out can definitely TUG at the hair follicle and PLUCK it out.

The same concept as tweezing your hair.

Sometimes people with long hair will get their hair tangled in a brush or hair-scrunchie or hairband and when they take it off, the hair comes with it.

I dunno what to do, especially with diffuse thinning, i need to apply hairspray to lock in the hair fibres, any tips on how to comb out the hairspray/toppiks without pulling out hair?

LicoriceSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno what to do, especially with diffuse thinning, i need to apply hairspray to lock in the hair fibres, any tips on how to comb out the hairspray/toppiks without pulling out hair?

Stop using all hairspray immediately.

I used hairspray for 4 years daily to school and it only fucks your scalp/hair up long term.
I stopped using hairspray for many years, and hair got slightly better. But then I recently started using hairspray when I went out and I noticed same thing - increased shedding/scalp irritation from hairspray.

Use a NATURAL hairspray instead.
41Rl5cgpFqL.jpg

Without Alcohol.

I use a Sea Salt spray that doesn't have alcohol in it - alcohol destroys lipids like the ones on your scalp.
Alcohol also dries skin out which is not good.
Also hairspray is probably bad for the environment and many of the chemicals in it are of questionable safety.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

dermatch. it's way better at concealing than toppix and waterproof. no hairspray even needed, as it makes hair kinda stiff.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any hair that comes out from brushes was weak anyway and would have fallen out sooner or later. Moderate brushing is actually good for your scalp as it encourages blood flow and removes any dead skin.

LicoriceSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any hair that comes out from brushes was weak anyway and would have fallen out sooner or later. Moderate brushing is actually good for your scalp as it encourages blood flow and removes any dead skin.

How is combing dead keratin supposed to increase hemoglobin and NO in the scalp?