Does Castor Oil Even Penetrate With Dmso Alone?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I read recently a lot about castor oil cause of swiss.

Now the question, does it topically even penetrate?
I seems oils generally don't penetrate far enough.

Thus I am using it right now with 33% DMSO and 2% Grapefruit Oil (Limonene seems to be a PGE2 agonist and is also a penetration enhancer). I am currently even thinking if it wouldnt be better to add some more penetration enhancer.

My strategy is also to leave it in for some time and then flush with stemox. and then Redensyl. Not sure if that works, but at least I still have some penetration enhancing effect left by the DMSO and DMSO also can resolves fibrotic tissues.

Castor oil is like a small wonder, but sadly I see it being worthless due to lacking penetration :/

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try micro wounding to allow penetration.

Well I am using a 0.3 mm dermaroller for temples in regard of penetration. Though I dont like it too much cause I dont want DMSO to go systemetically.

Anyways, today my retin-A came, added 2% straight to to my castor/dmso/limene mix.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am using a 0.3 mm dermaroller for temples in regard of penetration. Though I dont like it too much cause I dont want DMSO to go systemetically.

Anyways, today my retin-A came, added 2% straight to to my castor/dmso/limene mix.

why? I have never had any problem using it topically. I mean zero adverse effects. Some say they have garlic taste but dunno what concentration they use....
anyway you know some (others medical conditions) use it orally / diluted so I doubt it's a poison.. ; )

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24327606

Well, it seems to be toxic already at low-dose. When I read the first time about DMSO I was surprised that people would just use it fine at 30% like it is a given. I know, there were even some idiots complaining to swiss after taking that orally instead of putting it on their head, so they survived that. I also did the derma + dmso already, was ok. But I no point in having it in my blood steam particularly if it has toxic properties.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24327606

Well, it seems to be toxic already at low-dose. When I read the first time about DMSO I was surprised that people would just use it fine at 30% like it is a given. I know, there were even some idiots complaining to swiss after taking that orally instead of putting it on their head, so they survived that. I also did the derma + dmso already, was ok. But I no point in having it in my blood steam particularly if it has toxic properties.

thx for the link. dunno what frequency it is. I don't know if we use it every few weeks , and if we let on the scalp a couple of hours do something bad or not. but the fact is, like you know, you have to be meticulous when you use it. 100% clean(hands, environement=dmso and castor only and nothing else arround you etc..) = 100%safer. so obv it's not like you can do it quick before going to work^^... Toxicity for dmso itself? I have read everything and the opposite. some (real) chemist told me ; it's not dangerous by itself, it's the way it works and its properties which can make it sometimes dangerous