does caffeine slow down baldness?

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
CharlieBrownCocoaMan said:
60 cups of coffee a day to get similar effects from the study. F that.

well you can get caffeine extract and rub it on your head,

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
My father drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee for over 20 years and is one NW7

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there is a belief that caffeine stimulates you, so it must stimulate your hair. I would think that people may have put coffee on their head, which made their hair look darker, therefore, "thicker", so they thought "it's working!".

Peoples hair shed, so it could look like anything works, in a short term study. "Oh look! He has more hair then 40 days ago! It's working!". Anyway, just my crackpot theory.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
I think a distinction needs to be made between topical caffeine, which has shown variable efficacy, and consumed caffeine, which can probably have an opposite effect.

Drinking lots of coffee, or any other caffeinated beverage for example, stimulates stress hormones which can lead to temporary hair fall, so I'm not sure where people could think that consuming more caffeine is a good thing. However, topical caffeine, from what I understand, conversely has been alleged to stimulate temporary hair growth when applied to hair growing areas.
My only experience with it has come combined with many purported hair growth simulators in the shampoo Revita, and that has been a mediocre experience for me thus far, seemingly slowing the rate of hair fall, but doing little else.