Does buzzing my hair hide my hairloss?

icedt

Reaction score
Just buzzed my hair to a 1 all around yesterday and was wondering what you guys think. I was wondering does it suit me well and hide my hairloss?

Thanks for your opinions.
P.S. Ignore the ball python :p

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks good man, go & fun and forget about hairloss for some time.

Sean68

Reaction score
when you go out just keep the snake on your head - no one will notice the hairloss.you cant even tell anyway but y'know just to be sure.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Looks like your head/face will accept the shaved head look well. Doesn't work on lots of people. If I were you, I would shave it. Although it doesnt look like you've lost any hair at all

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a world of difference. Looking at your before pics I would say you look 30X better than you did. You can clearly see the diffuse thinning in the before pics but you look great now. I see no hairloss.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't tell that you're losing hair at all in either your old or your new pics. And that's coming from someone who obsesses about their own hairloss and has an eye for detail.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The shorter cut suits you better but It does'nt look like you have a problem at all. You should forget about it.

icedt

Reaction score
ang_99 and scottie31, you guys have completely opposite opinions. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude has a snake on the head.

WTF??

Biggest thing I´ve seen in my life: hair loss pics with snake in them.

icedt

Reaction score
Solo said:
Biggest thing I´ve seen in my life: hair loss pics with snake in them.

If that really is the biggest thing you've seen in your life, you truly haven't lived at all my friend...

G

That guy has a motherfuckin snake on his motherfuckin head!

Looks good man.

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good Icedt. Seriously, since I haven't seen you with longer hair, I really can't imagine you without having a short cut like that. It definitely seems to fit you and you pull it off no probs...go with it

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks so awesome in the after pics.

Your before pictures do show some thinning, not as badly as mine though which makes me mad. I'm buzzing my hair soon.

By a "1" guard, how many inches is that? 0.25?

G

Spec said:

Your before pictures do show some thinning, not as badly as mine though which makes me mad. I'm buzzing my hair soon.

a #1 guard is typically .125 inches, or, put another way, 1/8th of an inch. That's how short i buzzed my hair to yesterday.

keep in mind, speculum, that since you are NW3 or close, with a buzz you won't be able to hide the hairline, and people will look at your front and see that tuft of hair in the middle of your hairline coming down off the temples. if you are okay with that fine, awesome. but just be aware before you buzz that it might make it more obvious to people that you are balding because you won't be able to comb forward anymore.

icedt

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Spec said:

a #1 guard is typically .125 inches, or, put another way, 1/8th of an inch. That's how short i buzzed my hair to yesterday.

keep in mind, speculum, that since you are NW3 or close, with a buzz you won't be able to hide the hairline, and people will look at your front and see that tuft of hair in the middle of your hairline coming down off the temples. if you are okay with that fine, awesome. but just be aware before you buzz that it might make it more obvious to people that you are balding because you won't be able to comb forward anymore.

Better to keep it buzzed than try to hide a receding hairline with long hair.