Does anyone sell topical liquid spironolactone and not cream?

pogue

Reaction score
MAA's spironolactone cream was totally ineffective for me. You're better off using topical finasteride/dutasteride or CB.

I just bought some of their 5% topical liquid, so I'm hoping it will be effective. I honestly don't understand why people would prefer the cream, as a liquid in an ethanol or PG/VG solution is much more practical. They sell topical finasteride at 0.1%. Finasteride topically goes systematic too, so keep that in mind.

What's CB?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 2% solution smelled of rotten eggs so I can't imagine how bad a 5% solution is going to smell. The spironolactone cream from Dr. Lee and S5 cream worked really well. BTW a topical solution with ethanol/PG will go systemic at a greater rate than a cream or lotion.

CB is an antiandrogen in the same class as spironolactone.

Last edited:

pogue

Reaction score
A 2% solution smelled of rotten eggs so I can't imagine how bad a 5% solution is going to smell. The spironolactone cream from Dr. Lee and S5 cream worked really well. BTW a topical solution with ethanol/PG will go systemic at a greater rate than a cream or lotion.
It's actually scented, so it should be masked (although I haven't tested it - I'll have to test it and report back). In terms of it going systematic faster, do you have any literature proving this?
CB is an antiangrogen in the same class as spironolactone.
What's the full name of it? It it superior to spironolactone in some way?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's actually scented, so it should be masked (although I haven't tested it - I'll have to test it and report back). In terms of it going systematic faster, do you have any literature proving this?

What's the full name of it? It it superior to spironolactone in some way?

CB-03-01 or 17AP or Clascoterone. Systemically it changes into a harmless compound.