Does anyone have porcupine hair that sticks up?

njtimer

Reaction score
Anyone else's hair stick up, mostly around the crown portion? Even after applying product, I still seem to get that "up and over" effect. When my hair is dry, it's even more pronounced.

Is this a characteristic of the choice of base?

I'm wearing a UTS for the record and have been informed that a lace base would eliminate this and allow the hair to lay more flat. Thoughts?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use French lace and have never had any issues like that. So, lace may be the way to go for you. The hair definitely lays flat. I have never used an UTS, so I can’t compare the two.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this a characteristic of the choice of base?

Yes, V-looped hairs will stick up and out if cut shorter than 1.25" or so.

Knotted lace will do that too at or around 1", though it's not as severe as V-loop. If you want a very short and flat hairstyle, injected skin is the way to go. With another base/ventilation type you would have to perm the hair to lay flat before you cut it that short.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, V-looped hairs will stick up and out if cut shorter than 1.25" or so.

Knotted lace will do that too at or around 1", though it's not as severe as V-loop. If you want a very short and flat hairstyle, injected skin is the way to go. With another base/ventilation type you would have to perm the hair to lay flat before you cut it that short.

1.25" is very short though.

My UTS hair is probably 3" to 4" and I don't have any problems with it sticking up.