Does anyone have any bald rolemodels?

fritz96

Reaction score
I agree about Nicholson, but for most of his career he's only been a diffuse NW3, not bald. As for the other guys, how do you know they don't wear hair pieces?

Chrisknight

Reaction score
Floyd said:
Picard wins! Hands down. Connery a close second.

I can't believe no one mentioned Nicholson -- you don't get cooler than JACK!. Here's a man that just never gave a $#iT! He didn't even shave his head, he just slicked it all back. One of the greatest actors of all time, he's always banged anything he wanted, and gets to see basketball games from courtside seats every night.

By the way, this topic got me thinking about actors WITH hair. The usual suspects always get mentioned (Cruise, Pitt, Depp) but what about the older dudes that still got it -- these guys are unbelievable:

Richard Gere
Jeff Bridges
Robert DeNiro
Michael Douglas
Harrison Ford (60s!)
All of the f****ing Baldwin brothers!
Keanu Reeves (40)
David Duchovny (45)

These guys were blessed by the hand of God!

I'm a huge X-files fan, and DD too, and he has some general thinning. During one of the later seasons he cut his hair pretty short, and it was thinnish looking. Then during one episode it rained, and his hair was all wet, and it looked quite thin. His harline has always been high, and that has never changed, but I think he uses some concealers for movies.

No one as mentioned Seal... The guy is bald, ugly, has bad teeth, and has made one recognizable song for a Batman movie, and is married to Heidi Klum, quite possibly the best looking women ever.

Floyd

Reaction score
Guys, I work in the industry (behind the camera -- not in front) and I can tell you that the guys I mentioned above all have their REAL hair. The only two who might have had any work done are Harrison Ford and Douglas but the rest of them... they are just lucky bastards. Keanu Reeves has not lost ANY hair -- it's ridiculous. And Gere, for being an old fart has pretty incredible hair still. As far as D.D. -- he's got a good head of hair, trust me. Alec Baldwin is a lucky f*** too. You can always tell the guys who have had work done:

Cage
Mathew M.
Pacino
Affleck
Travolta

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
some of my favorite bands have bald guys in them.. though most people have probably never heard of them..

Les Savy Fav- Their lead singer, Tim Harrington, is completely bald on top, yet he grows his hair long any way and runs around the stage like a wild man. I think Im in love with him.

Q and not U- Harris Klahr, the lead guitarist, keyboardest, vocalist for that band is bald. He's another example of a wild man, and he looks good bald anyway.

About Jack Nicholson.. Hasnt his hair been exactly like that since he started acting? I swear i was watching china town or something, and his hair looked exactly like it does nowadays.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that actors who are admittedly bald or balding, i.e. Nicholas Cage, Sean Connery, chose to play bald/balding characters in their movies, but often times wear pieces at Movie Premieres and Awards? It's strange how they do that, knowing that everyone already knows they're bald. I think Burt Reynolds is guilty of that too.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any body seen the late George Best's son Calum Best?
He has major frontal hairloss, but all the girls drool all over him.
I think its the tan , I need a tan lol

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it is the tan. and the fact that he's George Best's son so is rich, and pretty good looking anyway. But there's a LOT of loss there, to the extent he's ditched the faux-hawk and just had to shave it.

He also has naturally blonde hair which is brilliant for hair loss. You can highlight your hair all you want when concealing but when it comes to shaving your head you can't really. And blonde shaved heads can really conceal any thinning (although mainly on top. Callum may have a bald spot but you cannot really tell)

Vovvie has impeccable music taste - good show sir! That's what is increasingly frustrating for me is how haircuts are so important in the rock music scene. Hence the Alkaline Trio being good role models. I'm SURE the Madden Twins in Good Charlotte have had hair loss as well to the extent I'm not even sure their fringes are real....

My role models mainly though are just friends of mine who have just gone with it and not cared. I don't have many in this situation but the ones I do I really admire.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Pep Guardiola. He has a similar hair loss pattern to me. Still has the youthful hairline but diffused pretty badly on top.

The only difference is that his happened 10 years after mine.

Still, I will look to him for styling suggestions. I will keep my hair buzzed at around 0.5 - 1 guard and keep stubble.

I always considered myself youthful but will have to dress more smart now. A balding guy who dresses too casual can look slobbish compared to one who has great hair.

Also Zinedine Zidane who like me has good hair at the front but not much throughout the rest of his scalp. I remember I used to laugh at his monk haircut when I was 14 back in 1998, now the joke is on me! He looked much better in the 2006 World Cup when he buzzed it short.

Alik4n

Reaction score
It all goes down to facial structure and head shape. Vin diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Freddie ljungberg, Alan shearer... look horrible with hair, it's as if God guided em to their true perfect look by gifting them balding LOL

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
It all goes down to facial structure and head shape. Vin diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Freddie ljungberg, Alan shearer... look horrible with hair, it's as if God guided em to their true perfect look by gifting them balding LOL

True, but for every Vin Diesel, there is a Prince William and Andy Roddick.

Prince William looked like a model in his teenage years, far better than Harry but hairloss hit him hard and no one considers him a pin up at all. Likewise with Roddick, he was a stud back in the early 2000s.

The same thing is going to happen to Harry now that he is losing it. In 2-3 times he won't be the hot bachelor he is now. Although I think he will follow Prince Charles' slow balding.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
Statham.

I'll probably just get a piece when I go full cue ball though. They look amazing nowadays.

resu

Reaction score
Before and after shots of balding celebreties:
[video=youtube_share;shL4i89544s]http://youtu.be/shL4i89544s[/video]

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Before and after shots of balding celebreties:
[video=youtube_share;shL4i89544s]http://youtu.be/shL4i89544s[/video]

Sean Connery was already bald by the time he played James Bond, he wore a wig in all of his films.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'd much rather see bald men in Macy's catalogs and romantic movies (as love interest). The obvious absence of my kind from media outlets such as these directly insinuates that baldness is not a normal thing. It's like passive alienation.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd much rather see bald men in Macy's catalogs and romantic movies (as love interest). The obvious absence of my kind from media outlets such as these directly insinuates that baldness is not a normal thing. It's like passive alienation.

Will you ever stop??
Bald men are probably not the most beautiful men, but they are NORMAL people!!! They don't show normal looking people in romantic movies or in catalogs. The majority of people are normal people. So just live your life.
Forget about catalogs and romantic movies and welcome to REAL LIFE!! Ok, maybe they won't cast you in such movies, but that doesn't mean you're not a valuable person.
Come on, people, LOOKS aren't everything!!
Shut up with this "all or nothing" attitude!!
Oh, and there are solutions even for you. Maybe not transplant, but have you thought about scalp micropigmentation??
Stop victimizing yourself and acting like a pussy! Men don't have to be supermodels. Beauty in men is not essential. They must remark themseleves with other qualities:strenghts, personality, etc.

Baldness IS A NORMAL THING!! It comes with nature, genetics, etc, it's not one's choice.
A REAL man shouldn't be so obsessed about his looks!
So grow up! Get over it!! **** romantic movies, they are bull****, they are fantastic, they are far-far from REALITY!! Reality is when you walk along the street and see tens and hundreds of bald men. Most of them are happy, they don't give a **** about their lack of hair.
Stop thinking like: oh, i don't have hair, so i can't be PERFECT, and so i am worthless. FALSE!!!!
'Cause i'm beggining to think that these super-negative guys like you and seb, in fact have other bigger problems, and use lack of hair as an excuse, and as a mean to complain and victimize themselves and raise symphaty.
Lack of hair can be such a big a problem only if you have ZERO other qualities.
Come on, it's absurd!
You rely ONLY on hair when you get a job?
You rely ONLY on hair when going to a date, etc?
Of course not.
Hair is not so important, is not everything, so stop pretending like it should!!
There are millions of people who have a full head of hair, but it looks like crap. So???
Oh, and about those NW1-s with 2-3 cm of forehead, they are UGLY AS HELL! They look like animals, like monkeys!! :))

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Baldness IS A NORMAL THING!! It comes with nature, genetics, etc, it's not one's choice.

Lack of hair can be such a big a problem only if you have ZERO other qualities.

um..aren't you the guy who has done hair transplants and scalp micro pigmentation to be 'normal'? If hair loss is so normall like you said, why did you have these procedures done yourslef?....was it because you have 'ZERO' other qualities?...Just curious...