Does Anyone Ever Actually Have 'success' With Minoxidil???

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on the edge of trying minoxidil but I can't help but be racked by discouragement with all the posts that essentially dismiss it as bullshit. I'm well aware minoxidil does not do anything for DHT, &c, but is there seriously not one person on this forum who would say it's made a remarkable difference for them in the absence of finasteride? Even if it gave you a boost for 2 years, I'd still say that's success.

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It did give me a boost for 2 years, then lost it, useless on its own long term, without finasteride.

I personally hate it, that's just my opinion. I'm sure there's many people on here, love it.

Last edited:

Rony Saliba

My Regimen
Reaction score
It did give me a boost for 2 years, then lost it, useless on it's own, long term, without finasteride.

I personally hate it, that's just my opinion. I'm sure there's many people on here, love it.

I could understand perfectly why you would hate it. Plain and simple when you stop using minoxidil, hair loss will occur again. So it is an endless journey to maintain the hair. However, if it's working it's working right? Just don't ever try those cheap "FOAM" topical solutions, horrible and don't work at all! I think the best type of minoxidil is called 'herbal minoxidil' check it out!

Rony Saliba

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, GTFO. I know more about hair loss than you know about talking sh*t.
Wow dude didn't mean to get under your skin there bud. I don't disagree with you, I'm just letting you know that minoxidil doesn't work for everyone, but when it does work you gotta keep using it so that hair doesn't fall again.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah there fellas. @Vanitykills, why do you say you hate it if it worked for you? Just because of how you have to maintain using it?

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow dude didn't mean to get under your skin there bud. I don't disagree with you, I'm just letting you know that minoxidil doesn't work for everyone, but when it does work you gotta keep using it so that hair doesn't fall again.

Apologies Rony. You sounded like one of those snake oil salesmen.

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah there fellas. @Vanitykills, why do you say you hate it if it worked for you? Just because of how you have to maintain using it?

It stopped working, it does for some, had good results.

Lost the gains, luckily for me Propecia picked up the slack, which isn't always the case.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It stopped working, it does for some, had good results.

Lost the gains, luckily for me Propecia picked up the slack, which isn't always the case.

One more question for you: How far had your hair loss progressed when you'd started it? I still have a (relatively) good amount of hair on my head, and I've really wondered if it provides a greater benefit the earlier it's used.

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil either works or it doesn't, for many it's not a long term solution. I also don't like its negative effects: dry scalp, bloated face, ageing, constant shedding. Not everyone is affected in this way.

I was a diffuse NW3. I Started Rogaine, and used liquid, foam, all kinds. Got it to NW2, stopped working and reverted back to a 3.

Quit minoxidil, started Propecia in 2012, very slow process, but lucky for me my hair is better than ever.

Finasteride is the only product that lowers dht internally, that's why it works long term, minoxidil is just a hair follicle stim.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have just started with finasteride and kept it that way. You live and learn.

Last edited: