Does Anyone Else Seem To Shed Like Crazy During The Summer?

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on Propecia for 3 years. I noticed starting a month ago that my shedding increased drastically. Could it be seasonal? Can hair still shrink and die from DHT, if I am on finasteride?

J

jack martin

Finasteride was originally developed to treat men with prostate cancer. It shrinks your prostate gland, however, it does not have 100% efficiency. I saw a good diagram explaining finasteride's effect on DHT levels on www.avoid-hairloss.com/treatment .

In summary, it is completely normal for hair to shrink even while using finasteride. Also, out of curiosity how many mg of finasteride are you taking?

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride was originally developed to treat men with prostate cancer. It shrinks your prostate gland, however, it does not have 100% efficiency. I saw a good diagram explaining finasteride's effect on DHT levels on www.avoid-hairloss.com/treatment .

In summary, it is completely normal for hair to shrink even while using finasteride. Also, out of curiosity how many mg of finasteride are you taking?

Should that matter? People have DHT in them anyways, right? So if it reduces DHT in someone by 60%, that means there is a good chance that you will end up having less DHT in your system than someone who isn't going through male pattern baldness. From what I've read, it is a high amount of DHT that causes hair follicles to close up.