Does anyone else here completely avoid the Success Stories section of this forum?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first joined this forum and started on meds, success stories was the only section that interested me but I started avoiding that section as the meds begin to disappoint me. Now that I have no results from meds, I completely hate to visit that section. I hope I'm not jealous of other people's success with meds.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I avoid it too, because it's all based on propecia.
So true.
Propecia is an amazing drug when it works, yes when it works....
And we know what happens when it doesn't work, time for bitchtits and ****ing erectile dysfunction.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
If you are young and balding...do not avoid it...

If you are bald like me..many here..no point looking at that section.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use the "New Posts" to view forum activity here.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of success stories have to do with people with very minimal hair loss who luckily noticed it early, got on finasteride, didn't have any side effects, and are now living happily ever after, so to speak. Unfortunately I noticed my hair loss later than a lot of other people because I was never obsessed with hair loss to begin with, and never really had even a scintilla of BDD.

I am really disgusted with today's treatments because they are very limited and inferior. I got bad side effects from finasteride and I don't believe minoxidil grows much of anything for most people, hence why it is called a weak vasodilator. And don't even get me started on something as useless as Nizoral shampoo. I guess that is why there exists a New Technologies segment which has 39,000 posts.

blackg

Reaction score
I severely doubt the accuracy of some of these success stories. If the male ego wasn't involved, with regard to hair loss, I really wonder how many such "success stories" would actually be on this site.

I usually live by the rule: You can't beat mother nature. It will always have the final victory.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I severely doubt the accuracy of some of these success stories. If the male ego wasn't involved, with regard to hair loss, I really wonder how many "success stories" there would actually be on this site.

I usually live by the rule: You can't beat mother nature. It will always have the final victory.

I have a similar opinion but based on a different process.

I have experienced that long term (and/or invasive) medications _cannot_ function and _not_ screw up your body's balance at the same time. This applies pretty much to any long term (or invasive) medication from what I see. Maybe we have not yet reached, as a species, a pharmaceutical level of knowledge that allows us to improve one function of the body without breaking something else in the body. Of course there are cases in which the improvement is much superior to the side effects. Take antibiotics and aspirin (although it is said that antibiotic poisoning is more and more frequent).

About finasteride, I have used it for quite a while and it was definitely screwing up the health of my reproductive system. Luckily when I stopped it the side effects went away. But boy were they scary in my case...

So, for me, it's not that finasteride wasn't working; it was working but making me impotent, so nature did take its revenge in the end...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I do not look at success stories because most have no pictures and those that do generally show an improvement from NW0.02 to NW0.01, not exactly my situation...

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since finasteride backfired, I avoid it. I see no point going there as I already know all the treatment plans people stick to. At this point, you either have Propecia or Spironoloctane. If Propecia doesn't work for you, too bad, you will then have to use Sprio which will basically turn you into a women. minoxidil works for few people but in many cases it stops working after a few years. Currently, male pattern baldness is an incurable disease for bad responders of finasteride.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a similar opinion but based on a different process.

I have experienced that long term (and/or invasive) medications _cannot_ function and _not_ screw up your body's balance at the same time. This applies pretty much to any long term (or invasive) medication from what I see. Maybe we have not yet reached, as a species, a pharmaceutical level of knowledge that allows us to improve one function of the body without breaking something else in the body. Of course there are cases in which the improvement is much superior to the side effects. Take antibiotics and aspirin (although it is said that antibiotic poisoning is more and more frequent).

About finasteride, I have used it for quite a while and it was definitely screwing up the health of my reproductive system. Luckily when I stopped it the side effects went away. But boy were they scary in my case...

So, for me, it's not that finasteride wasn't working; it was working but making me impotent, so nature did take its revenge in the end...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I do not look at success stories because most have no pictures and those that do generally show an improvement from NW0.02 to NW0.01, not exactly my situation...

Roberto, I see so many Italian Americans will such full heads of hair here in the US. But another poster here said baldness is widespread in Italy. What are your thoughts on it?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Roberto, I see so many Italian Americans will such full heads of hair here in the US. But another poster here said baldness is widespread in Italy. What are your thoughts on it?

Apparently, Caucasians are more prone to male pattern baldness than Middle Eastern people (whereas Asians are less prone and Native Americans are almost "immune").

There is some Middle East blood in this country. The "Moors" infiltrated South of Europe via Spain (who ruled both Milan and Naples in the 17th century) and directly in Sicily. So the "less bald" gene might be in some Italians, especially southerners (southerners are those who migrated to the Americas essentially).

At the same time, Normandy and Svevian blood infiltrated Italy as well...

So I dare say it is like the rest of Europe: the different invasions might very well compensate one another.

Me, I wasn't very lucky with this regard: my father is the younger of FOUR brothers, three of whom have "full heads".
I have 7 male cousins. Apart from one who is a NW1.5, everyone else is a NW0.
But I keep smiling!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good.
Now take care of those beautiful sparkling ivories, and remember to floss regularly.

Id give up ALL my teeth (I do have nice teeth) for a good head of hair. My brother and sis had late in life braces and use that as their "its just hair" trade off. Id personally knock ALL my teeth out with a rusty pipe for good hair. Id just rock cool dentures. Get me some tiger fangs!!!!!

Never have to worry about fixing your dentures in the win or water.
Ive almost just debated having my head again. I hate it and it looks like schit but its better than thin hair I guess. Gonna be an ugly fuq either way, guess I might as well just make the ugly maintenance low.

blackg

Reaction score
I'd give up my Raiders starter jacket for an NW2.

blackg

Reaction score
"Something's waiting in the bushes for us."

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
John Frusciante let his teeth rot out of his head when he was in heroin. He now as implants, his hair is perfect, he looks great. Shane McGowan let his teeth rot due to alcoholism, his hair is fine, he now has implants.

Hair >>> Teeth. A man with natural hair and dental implants is fine. A man with natural teeth and a wig is not ok.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It is expensive and the last I checked the payment is still out of pocket.
For a single tooth on average in the U.S. can run you approximately 4 grand.
They can put some cool implants and they can look perfect white all the time, don't hurt and don't get decayed. The problem is that it's expensive but not impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Now open up everyone and say Aaaahhh!