Does anyone else feel irritated by motivational quotes?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All my NW1 privileged friends on facebook often post motivational quotes like "Life is about this life is about that or like life is what you make of it blah blah"

I feel so annoyed by such quotes. I myself used to love these motivating quotes when I was younger but now this self-help thing just seem bull**** to me.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your hairloss treatment is working effectively, these motivational quotes will fire you up.

If your hairloss treatment isn't doing anything/regressing, these motivation quotes will tear you up

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not just that, but also pop culture stuff in general, music videos with fullheads and b****s and lots of money thrown around. Long haired dudes singing about love problems. Girls whining about their hair being dry and needing to find a new hair product. The damn shampoo commercials on TV with the NW1 actors. All that little stuff that I didn't think twice about before life swept the rug underneath my feet, now makes me think "b**ch, please..." and irritates me.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the past (when my hair loss was bad/getting worse) yeah. Even just talking with/looking at a person with a solid head of hair was like hell.

It would fill me with envy. It's like people would always try to tell me to just get over it and move on and I'm like no, it's not that simple.

Now that things are getting better my perspective is a lot different. I used to cringe at motivational stuff because I felt hopeless.

I think that as long as your situation isn't hopeless a positive attitude is an invaluable tool, and I don't just mean about hair loss.

blackg

Reaction score
The problem with motivational quotes is that they may get you motivated...... for about 30 seconds.
Or until you hear your boss yell out "We have to work overtime today, fellas!"