Does a weekly maintenance/detachment shorten lifespan of a hair system?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i guess so!

Thinking about it like that certainly makes me feel a lot better about it.

From a cost point of view i'd ideally like to cut it down to 3 systems a year but 4 isn't that bad either.
As I always say, everything is perspective.

Even if you used 5 systems a year, that would be approximately $1000. That's about $2.75 a day. No one thinks twice about spending $5 on a Starbucks latte or $3 on a honeycrisp apple.

Less than $3 a day to have your confidence back and look good. Is priceless.

Fortunately, I've never had a strange look nor been called out, since wearing. You have to look at the potential positive and the potential negative. If you cut your cost in half (2/3) per yr you would save $1.38 per day.

If you start getting strange looks or someone, you see regularly, spots something. That cannot be unseen.

You can spend a million dollars and they will always know you're wearing a system, No matter how perfect all the following systems are.. and if you're like me , that would absolutely destroy you, mentally.

As the old cliche goes, better safe than sorry.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I always say, everything is perspective.

Even if you used 5 systems a year, that would be approximately $1000. That's about $2.75 a day. No one thinks twice about spending $5 on a Starbucks latte or $3 on a honeycrisp apple.

Less than $3 a day to have your confidence back and look good. Is priceless.

Fortunately, I've never had a strange look nor been called out, since wearing. You have to look at the potential positive and the potential negative. If you cut your cost in half (2/3) per yr you would save $1.38 per day.

If you start getting strange looks or someone, you see regularly, spots something. That cannot be unseen.

You can spend a million dollars and they will always know you're wearing a system, No matter how perfect all the following systems are.. and if you're like me , that would absolutely destroy you, mentally.

As the old cliche goes, better safe than sorry.
Yeah 100%, at the end of the day the difference it makes is actually priceless.

5 systems for $1000? Where do you get your hair systems from? I get mine from Lavivid and typically pay around £250 for the system and £100 to get it cut in at a salon.

So for me, 4 systems a year works out at £1500 so a bit more expensive but still not that bad when you consider everything.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah 100%, at the end of the day the difference it makes is actually priceless.

5 systems for $1000? Where do you get your hair systems from? I get mine from Lavivid and typically pay around £250 for the system and £100 to get it cut in at a salon.

So for me, 4 systems a year works out at £1500 so a bit more expensive but still not that bad when you consider everything.
I use a Lavivid as well.

I wear a thin skin Poly.. which lists for $279 ... There is always a 20% off coupon code...and If you purchase 2, the total is $408... Making it $204 each, delivered....
so 5 a year, would be $1020 or $2.79 per day.....

Cut in means cutting the hair, not the base, to blend with your natural hair.

If that's what you're paying a $100 for... Run like the wind. I go to the local, franchise, normal haircut place.... that I frequented before getting a system. It's $16 for a haircut and I tip 100%.... the woman bends over backwards for me, no matter what, because of this.

If you're referring to a salon cutting the base and installing... and if your concern is saving money. In my opinion that's where you're wasting money. Not on having new systems every few months.

It's very easy to make your own template, cut the base, and install. Then you would spend significantly less than $50 to get a great haircut. I don't tip as well for the monthly clean up trim of my own hair...so $32 for new system cut in and $21 for a monthly trim.

People in the industry play like this is an art. It's nothing more than a haircut.... as long as you identify, to the stylist, where the edge of the system is and ensure they understand that you need to have some overhang to cover the edges.....It's simply a haircut.

Last edited:

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Lavivid as well.

I wear a thin skin Poly.. which lists for $279 ... There is always a 20% off coupon code...and If you purchase 2, the total is $408... Making it $204 each, delivered....

If that's what you're paying a $100 for... Run like the wind. I go to the local, franchise, normal haircut place.... that I frequented before getting a system. It's $16 for a haircut and I tip 100%.... the woman bends over backwards for me, no matter what, because of this.

If you're referring to a salon cutting the base and installing... and if your concern is saving money. In my opinion that's where you're wasting money. Not on having new systems every few months.

It's very easy to make your own template, cut the base, and install. Then you would spend significantly less than $50 to get a great haircut. I don't tip as well for the monthly clean up trim of my own hair...so $32 for new system cut in and $21 for a monthly trim.

People in the industry play like this is an art. It's nothing more than a haircut.... as long as you identify, to the stylist, where the edge of the system is and ensure they understand that you need to have some overhang to cover the edges.....It's simply a haircut.
Yeah when I say cut-in I meant getting the base cut, installed and then the hair cut. I don't feel confident at all in doing any of this myself. Any advice at how i'd go about learning how to do this myself? I feel like i'd ruin the system, hence paying at a salon just gives me the peace of mind.

This is the only aspect of hair systems I can't do on my own.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah when I say cut-in I meant getting the base cut, installed and then the hair cut. I don't feel confident at all in doing any of this myself. Any advice at how i'd go about learning how to do this myself? I feel like i'd ruin the system, hence paying at a salon just gives me the peace of mind.

This is the only aspect of hair systems I can't do on my own.
It's the hardest part by far. On Skin Bases, I find it easier. Go very lightly using a sharp razor.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Lavivid as well.

He's exactly right. It's no more difficult to cut toupee hair than ordinary, which is exactly why I went to the lady who cut my hair before I started wearing

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Lavivid as well.

Where do you get the 20% off coupon codes from?