doctor's propose..

marwizm

Reaction score
I have consulted two doctors about finasteride recently and they told me choose one of them;your hairs or your sexualty.."definitely dont use it .. but I havent got any problem for 4 years..should I belive them?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
My Doctor said you will assuredly grow breasts, and outright refused to do it. 100 or so days atm, not even a tickle of sides.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Heya Plasticman 82, I have noticed that my minoxidil hairs have actually gone somewhere. (I was on MIN for several years before finasteride). No Real regrowth yet aside from maybe 20 or so of my old min hairs way down below my hairline actually getting to real hair length.

For best/quickest result you should add MIN to your regimen if you have not already. Also you may simply maintain on finasteride, the thing is the number is very low for finasteride to not help at all, so I'd stick with it unless you continue to lose at the same or greater rate for like 12 months on the finasteride (if you do not get unwanted sides of course).

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
That's unbelievable. I am actually having trouble believing a doctor would say something so absurd.

Although I did have an endo tell me I'd definitely get two separate sides from another drug, when the risk of those sides was actually very low and the risk of having them both was even lower. So stupid doctors aren't that uncommon. She obviously isn't my doctor any more ... I changed doctors as soon as I realised how incompetent she was.

marwizm

Reaction score
they were turkish doctors and one of them was bold :) they told me that "I have never give my patient finasteride so far its dangerous to use it"..Also finasteride is free to sell for hairloss in turkey..

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Marwizm, listen to your doctors because they are RIGHT. A young doctor advised me that finasteride was dangerous and i did not listen. 2 years later i am impotent, brain damaged and depressed.

Please, please stay away from propecia.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score
Joe-1991 said:
Marwizm, listen to your doctors because they are RIGHT. A young doctor advised me that finasteride was dangerous and i did not listen. 2 years later i am impotent, brain damaged and depressed.

Brain damaged? Really? How so?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I got some sexual sides from finasteride, but it definitely worked on my hair. I am annoyed because I stopped finasteride for a bit and I'm already starting to shed some. Very obnoxious. I got off and the sides are pretty much gone now, took a couple of weeks to go back to total normalcy.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Joe-1991 said:

Not sure if people should take advice from a depressed brain damaged person. Would someone like that be in the best state of mind to give helpful/non biased advice to people?

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Agahi said:
Joe-1991 said:

Not sure if people should take advice from a depressed brain damaged person. Would someone like that be in the best state of mind to give helpful/non biased advice to people?

I take all my medical advice from people on the internet. Bonus points if they're brain damaged.