Doctors 'close to cure for baldness'

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no procedure for humans yet. They found that mice skin can regenerate over wounds in lab conditions. Not quite a cure (yet).

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Mice must realy be investing billions of dollars into baldness cures since for them has been discovered a thousand times. Smart little buggers.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
The whole "mice" research thing never seems to pan out does it? I say they should find a new lab rat....

abcdefg

Reaction score
Saying we are close to a cure is a stupid thing to say. There is no such thing because there either is a cure or there isnt. You can think something will be a cure and run into an obstacle that forces you to stop or go down a different path. A cure can only be said when we actually have it.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Saying we are close to a cure is a stupid thing to say. There is no such thing because there either is a cure or there isnt. You can think something will be a cure and run into an obstacle that forces you to stop or go down a different path. A cure can only be said when we actually have it.

okay, "potential cure" :wink:

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
You know the problem is the government, they spend tons of money to research the wrong things. If hair alone could kill you'd have a cure tomorrow!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
scottie311 said:
The whole "mice" research thing never seems to pan out does it? I say they should find a new lab rat....

thats true for sure, but all it takes is one time to find a cure and we are good to go! :)

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Aren't there some monkeys who also go bald with age? They should test it on them. I've never seen a mouse who loses it's temples and goes to NW7 when it's old.

michael barry

Reaction score
apoc,

many types of apes lose their hair in the androgenic pattern

Macaques, bonoboos (our closest living relative), baboons, some gorillas, a few others..................treatments work better on them (finas and minoxidil) than on us too.l