Doctor wouldn't give me proscar

VWdude

Reaction score
So i tried to get my doctor to get me proscar, but he said the pharmacy would surely follow up on his reasoning for the prescription. What he did do was give me a prescription for 1mg Finasteride, which he said i could get away with. I don't think thats possible though because when the pharmacist sees that, he's just going to assume its propecia...

He also said Canada is very strict when it comes to generic drugs that are sold and distributed outside Canada....

So I guess im screwed, and I don't want to be paying out the *** for propecia anymore.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vwdude:
perhaps try a different doctor?

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope this helps. Last week I saw my doctor for the first time in 10 months, and she was impressed with the new growth since she had changed my prescription from propecia (which I had to pay for) to proscar (which I get free on an NHS prescription). Your doctor is being rather conservative and paranoid. I told my doctor that I cut proscar into 5ths (from advice here) and she said that this was a very cheap method and approved. It seems unfair that I get good service from the system and many others don't. Maybe I am lucky with my doctor. However, if I wasn't getting results, perhaps she wouldn't renew my prescription. I was a bit nervous about admitting that I cut into 5ths, as her initial instruction was to "take one every five days". I thought that might have killed my libido, which would have been very bad for my new relationship, which is still going strong. Today I dyed my hair to see how many new little ones are sprouting, and my girlfriend was delighted to see the improved potential. If I hadn't been successful with my proscar prescription I doubt that all the other treatments I use would have worked. Maybe you need to give your doctor feedback like mine, as if you don't get the chance to continue with your 1mg finasteride for more than 1 year, you may miss out on a breakthrough in the next few months. I am nearly ready to post some photos, so until later, my best wishes to you with your doctor. Try again, don't take a lame excuse for an answer.
Boru

VWdude

Reaction score
I actually found a place online that would take my prescription for finasteride 1mg and allow me proscar. 30 tablets are 70$ US, and i'll be cutting them into 5ths...does that sounds right to you? or is that too much.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
That does'nt sound bad vwdude. What's the name of the online pharamacy? I might have to go this route. Is this a US supplier or Canadian?