Doctor Vinyard's story

doc_vinyard

My Regimen
Reaction score

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting how you used heat massage to apply minoxidil. I've never heard about anyone doing this before, but hey, it looks like something was obviously working well for you!!

Can you please keep us posted on the homemade laser device? Thanks.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like you had superb results initially. why did you stop?

anyway, if you were such a good responder first time round, then I don't see you shouldn't still be. why have you changed from propecia to dutasteride? what do you think was primarily reposnible for your results the first time round: the minoxidil or the propecia?

just curious

good luck with it

doc_vinyard

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped because I got good results and I thought I could maintain the results with minimal applications of minoxidil. I got lazy and soon I wasn't doing anything to treat my loss.

I also got tired of the expense and mess and inconvience.

I believe in a multimodal approach to treating hair loss... in other words you have to throw everything that is proven to work at it.

Because I was using multiple agents... its impossible to say which was the most important. However it is my opinion that suppressing DHT with propecia was probably the most important and then the proxiphen.

I'm using dutasteride now instead of propecia because it appears to be superior to propecia for inhibiting DHT and should therefore produce superior results. I am hoping that I will be a good responder since I had such good results with my last treatment regime.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doctor.
thanks for the pictures and the update. If those pictures don't convince people, I don't know what else will. I hope that I will be a good responder too.
When you used proxiphen prescription did you spend 100$ every month or you were able to stretch it to two months?
thanks.

doc_vinyard

My Regimen
Reaction score
techprof,

I use one proxiphen a month. Yep, that $100 a month stings a bit.

Does anybody have any ideas about a proper usage regime (i.e. number of treatments per week and treatment time) for my laser device? Any
opinions (especially those with some science or technical backing ) would be appreciated.

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
doc_vinyard said:
techprof,

I use one proxiphen a month. Yep, that $100 a month stings a bit.

Does anybody have any ideas about a proper usage regime (i.e. number of treatments per week and treatment time) for my laser device? Any
opinions (especially those with some science or technical backing ) would be appreciated.

I tried laser therapy myself, and they recommended 3 sessions per week, 15-30 minutes each session (depends on the strength of the laser. Stronger laser=less time per session). I think once you hit the 6 month mark, you can reduce the number of sessions. It all really depends on how well you respond to the laser.