Docotor told me there is no such thing as "finasteride Shedding"

skull

Reaction score
Hello.
I started taking Propecia 2.5 month ago. Sadly, I have a terrible Shedding which started after starting propecia!
I read online that this shedding is normal after starting the treatment, but my Doctor told me that the shedding is not caused by the drug (even though I know it started after beginning the treatment) and that it can't cause a shed! How is this possible, so many users complain about this shed but it isn't known by the Doctors?
He did say that shedding should stop 3-6 month after beginning the treatment, was that your experience with the treatment?
Thanks.

Jacob

Reaction score
So he says finasteride didn't cause the shedding but the shedding should stop 3-6 months after beginning the treatment. Ok....

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
So he says finasteride didn't cause the shedding but the shedding should stop 3-6 months after beginning the treatment. Ok....

I think he meant shedding as in, losing anymore hair.

If he/she is a GP it isn't surprising because they don't specialize in hair loss.

By the way, I'm shedding majorly as well. I noticed it in April, and am waiting for it to return.

skull

Reaction score
I think he meant shedding as in, losing anymore hair.

If he/she is a GP it isn't surprising because they don't specialize in hair loss.

I think that what he meant also.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a dermatologist and a hair trasnplant doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

What he said to me is that what ever I lose now, it was going to happen anyway and it is not connected to the Propecia, and that propecia mechanism doesn't cause a shedding phase. It realy anoyed me, since I know very well that this shedding started after taking the treatment.
The most ****ed up thing that happend to my hair is losing hair in the front hair line!! I never had a problem in the front of my head, but now after starting with propecia I lost so much hair in the front!

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't understand it when the professionals claim to be unaware of shedding! i shed **** loads when i first started minoxidil- i suppose it was more a diffuse miniaturisation. then it happened again when started on finasteride but no way as much, probably not noticeable to anyone else, and also around the permanent zones .and now again after switching finasteride brand. i hate this going bald curse!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMHO any product that affect the hair cycle can be cause shedding, even more when the med acts with healthy hairs

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe when you start meds many of the hairs and their natural cycles become heavily dependant on them after a while causing a sort of synchronization. that's why all hairs shed at the same time and eventually re-growing.