Do you wash before EACH Rogaine application?!!

Back_2_Basics

Reaction score
Do you wash hair before EACH Rogaine application?!!

Whassup, bros? Yo, I had a question; do you wash your hair before each Rogaine application?
It says 'apply on the clean scalp'. But shampooing twice a day is 2 much, man.

I actually used Rogaine a few years ago and showered with shampoo and applied it 2x a day.

Wanna get back on the regimen but don't wanna wash hair too frequently as it ****s up my scalp.
Once a day shampooing is fine, though!

What's your 2 cents, bros?
Lemme know ASAP!

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I think a simple water rinse to remove at least the previous application residue would be ok.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't rinse at all. I just take a shower every second day. Though I'm thinking of changing it to showering every day.

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually you do not need to change shower habits, once every other day is perfect. Showers everyday is overratedl it takes away essential oil that your body needs. Unless, your food habits are rampant, and/or other issues, and/or you live outdoors in heat and dusty roads, then you might need it everyday. Anyway, there is no need to shampoo everyday either-it may actually be even harmful. All you need to do is to comb vigorously as if a farmer were plowing a field with racks. It will result in loosening up of any residue and would fall off as you comb. You will have then exposed scalp to take the next dose.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually you do not need to change shower habits, once every other day is perfect. Showers everyday is overratedl it takes away essential oil that your body needs. Unless, your food habits are rampant, and/or other issues, and/or you live outdoors in heat and dusty roads, then you might need it everyday. Anyway, there is no need to shampoo everyday either-it may actually be even harmful. All you need to do is to comb vigorously as if a farmer were plowing a field with racks. It will result in loosening up of any residue and would fall off as you comb. You will have then exposed scalp to take the next dose.

Interesting. The reason I'm thinking of showering everyday is because when I shower then the next day I got big flake dandruff being a b**ch on my head. Especially when I use Nizoral when taking the shower. The rogaine I'm using weirdly changed the big flakes on my head to small ones and gave me an itchy scalp, only the top though.

Last time I used a comb I had so many hairs stuck in it that I decided that it would be best to just used the brush in the future. Not going back to any combing before much more hair on my head than now. :)