Do You Trust You Hair Transplant Surgeon?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Sorry for what might seem like an obvious question.

While I have not had a hair transplant, I have had consultations with two surgeons. Who I would rather not name. They were both fairly well known.

I am diffusing in NW6 maybe NW5 pattern. I have fairly wavy hair. Both surgeons I met were willing and ready to operate on me.

My question is do you feel confident that your surgeon would turn you away or otherwise harm his bottom line - so that you get the best result (or no result if they turn you away) possible? What factors do you use to make this determination?

shookwun

Reaction score
ive seen Rahal first hand turn away people when I was having my operation.

I remember this one kidd flew in from a different state, and Dr rahal decided it was in his best interest to not be performed on. I think he had toppik on during the initial consultation and was not showing an accurate representation of himself. he was 21 at the time with diffuse NW6 pattern like his bald father. I believe rahal acted ethically as the kid was not halting his hair loss completely with drugs. after all, he would be constantly play catch up with further transplants and be stuck in a a hole he cannot get out of/

A lot of people on this forums dont take the magnitude of there hair loss situation seriously. often blinded by the future and having a long term plan. this disease often results in people desperately doing something thats not in there best interests, such as seeing cheap FUE surgeons or living in the moment without a plan.

Ask yourself? Do you have 20-40,000 to dish out on hair transplants? that's what you will need to fully restore yourself... such being a moderate outcome.

Do you think hair transplants are cheap? I have spent 24,000 canadian dollars on transplants.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think most reputable surgeons will turn you away if they don't think that the result will look good because one bad transplant can ruin their reputation for good. However there are quiet a few that will operate and assume that they can blame the client for having unrealistic expectations. It is really down to the client to do their homework, ask the questions; what size punch are they using? How many grafts per cm? Will they predominately be using single grafts for the hair line? Are they affilated? Do they have adequate insurance? Would they be willing to refund a bad result? Do they have previous client pictures with similar grafts? Will the surgeon be doing/overseeing the op. etc ,etc.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive seen Rahal first hand turn away people when I was having my operation.

I remember this one kidd flew in from a different state, and Dr rahal decided it was in his best interest to not be performed on. I think he had toppik on during the initial consultation and was not showing an accurate representation of himself. he was 21 at the time with diffuse NW6 pattern like his bald father. I believe rahal acted ethically as the kid was not halting his hair loss completely with drugs. after all, he would be constantly play catch up with further transplants and be stuck in a a hole he cannot get out of/

A lot of people on this forums dont take the magnitude of there hair loss situation seriously. often blinded by the future and having a long term plan. this disease often results in people desperately doing something thats not in there best interests, such as seeing cheap FUE surgeons or living in the moment without a plan.

Ask yourself? Do you have 20-40,000 to dish out on hair transplants? that's what you will need to fully restore yourself... such being a moderate outcome.

Do you think hair transplants are cheap? I have spent 24,000 canadian dollars on transplants.

Dr Vories is less than $20,000 for 5,000.