Do You Think Tsuji Or Licensed Clinic Would Be Open To Using Anti-scarring Treatments?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are already some hair transplant doctors that use acell for hair growth within the donor region. However I think the recipient area would benefit too. If eventually the Tsuji procedure gets approved in other areas than Japan, is there anything stopping them from using a hydrogel for the donor/recipient area?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are already some hair transplant doctors that use acell for hair growth within the donor region. However I think the recipient area would benefit too. If eventually the Tsuji procedure gets approved in other areas than Japan, is there anything stopping them from using a hydrogel for the donor/recipient area?
I doubt they will but that doesn't mean you can't use some anti-scarring treatment yourself.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. If you read the HairLossTalk.com interview with the Tsuji team they state the tool they'll use to implant the germs is the size of a hypodermic needle.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did read the interview, and saw that they said the scar would be very small. I also thought I read in that interview that the tool they were using was based on the FUT knife, which fits with this original, simple procedure model.
IMG_7519.JPG

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand better now, but some of the FUT needles are really small and yet still leave scars.

The hair follicle germs could potentially be smaller than standard transplanted follicles, thus requiring a smaller needle to insert them. I don't think I'd get the treatment until I could be sure that I could shave that part with no scarring. None of the hydrogels or powder matrices like acell can currently do this but they are developing new ones that may be available when Tsuju's treatment becomes available.