Do You Think That It's Normal For Pattern Baldness?

birdlives

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This is Efe, from Turkey.

I'm 24. I have anxiety disorder for years and I experienced serious and repetitive anxiety attacks since last summer, I’ve lost 10-11 kg in couple of months. In the beginning of the spring, I suddenly realized that I’m losing serious amount of hair. In the first week of the May I went to a dermatologist and he told me that it seems that I have male pattern balding. Since then I’m using the “Vichy Dercos Aminexil Clinical 5”, but it seems that it’s getting worse rapidly, it wasn't like this when I went to the Doctor. I’m still under high amount of stress, because I’m not getting a treatment for my anxiety disorder for a long time.

Does it really look like I’m experiencing a pattern baldness, or could it be Telogen Effilivium?

Thank you very much!

PS: My hairline is the same since I was a child. My father has the same type of hairline and he’s not bald, it might be genetical to have a wide forehead.

birdlives

My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos

Attachments

• IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_3198.JPG
    IMG_3198.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 644

Sam§

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get to a really good derm. Could be both.
If you are losing that much hair in such a short time it will be most likely Telogen Effluvium.
Anxiety is a really common trigger for Telogen Effluvium so try to find a good treatment for that too.

Sam§

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I'm not sure if taking finasteride combined with a severe Anxiety disorder is the best thing to do.
Just go to a really good derm...

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes this is balding. It begins as a whisper, then turns into a full blown hurricane. You definitely need treatment for this one, I’d go with minoxidil only. Finasteride leads to adrenal fatigue.