do you think seb derm is connected with hair loss?

rozinirx213

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the same thing happened to me. I left it untreated for too long and ended up losing half of my hair. I am better nowadays, but I doubt I will recover what I lost to those shedding days
how did you treat your seb derm? did you have recession too or only diffuse shedding?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how did you treat your seb derm? did you have recession too or only diffuse shedding?
Diffuse. However, I can't tell exactly how I treated it in the first place. At some point I got so exhausted of the itchiness that I started using keto 2% every day until the bottle was empty. Then, I started using head n shoulders also everyday and now I barely have the itch. Maybe if I mess with my hair a lot during the day, but other than that minimal to zero itchiness.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse. However, I can't tell exactly how I treated it in the first place. At some point I got so exhausted of the itchiness that I started using keto 2% every day until the bottle was empty. Then, I started using head n shoulders also everyday and now I barely have the itch. Maybe if I mess with my hair a lot during the day, but other than that minimal to zero itchiness.
Has that improved your hairloss? Are you on finasteride?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has that improved your hairloss? Are you on finasteride?
Yes it has. My hair is definitely thicker, much better than the past two years. I am not happy with it but not sad either, because at least I don't look like someone who's dealing with hair loss.

No, I am not. I was certain from the very beginning that my hair loss was associated with seb derm, and turns out I was right. What I don't know is if I will recover my original thickness, as some spots in my scalp are scarred (irritation = wounds)

Last edited:

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it has. My hair is definitely thicker, much better than the past two years. I am not happy with it but not sad either, because at least I don't look like someone who's dealing with hair loss.

No, I am not. I was certain from the very beginning that my hair loss was associated with seb derm, and turns out I was right. What I don't know is if I will recover my original thickness, as some spots in my scalp are scarred (irritation = wounds)
Interesting, ive never been a big shampoo user. But I have noticed if my head was really itchy a good wash with head and shoulders would kill the itch stone dead for at least 2 days. To me that suggests the itch is something on the surface rather than "dht attacking the follicles" as I don't think head n shoulders shampoo would stop than.

I did try a spell 2 years ago using h&s on most days, but after a week it seemed to have only caused irritation, maybe it dried out my scalp.

Think I might try again though. Maybe 3 times a week. Think I'm going to get some nizoral to.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, ive never been a big shampoo user. But I have noticed if my head was really itchy a good wash with head and shoulders would kill the itch stone dead for at least 2 days. To me that suggests the itch is something on the surface rather than "dht attacking the follicles" as I don't think head n shoulders shampoo would stop than.

I did try a spell 2 years ago using h&s on most days, but after a week it seemed to have only caused irritation, maybe it dried out my scalp.

Think I might try again though. Maybe 3 times a week. Think I'm going to get some nizoral to.
I would really like to stretch my washes, but every time I tried was a disaster. I tried to:

- Wash every other day, not rinsing with water the day in between (greasiness + itchiness);
- Wash every other day rinsing with water the day in between (itchiness + yucky hair);
- Washing every two days (same result as those mentioned above)

I don't know if the shampoo takes a toll on it, but SLS free are out of question. If anything they made my hair look dirtier.

Wish I could go back to my teenage years, man. I wouldn't wash my hair for a whole week.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seb will jump start or worsen your hair loss if you have the male pattern baldness gene. However it's clearly not the only reason for it, since there's NW0s with seb