Do You Think HM Will Become A Reality In 10 Years?

Do You Think HM Will Become A Reality In 10 Years?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damn... Another Aplunk1 poll... No Comment/No Answer/Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aplunk1

Reaction score
(Yes) Do you think that hair multiplication (cloning) will be a viable treatment for balding men within 10 years?

(No) Or do you think it's just hyped up... a hopeless venture for us balding men/women?

Or do you think there's just no possible way we could know right now?

Your sincere comments are appreciated. This will be an ongoing poll.

hoit

Reaction score
I just think it's impossible to say right now. imo, it's definitely the most encouraging development on the horizon, but I think you have to take anything the people hoping to offer the treatment say with a pinch of salt. They're hardly going to talk down their progress when they're looking for investment.

still, we live in hope.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that HM will be available in 2009/2010. However, it remains to be seen how much hair you can actually grow with it, i.e. what the multiplication factor is.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I know this is just my belief, but I believe hair multiplication will be a success within 10 years.

At first, they might not be able to restore a full head of hair, but through scientific refinement, I'm sure it will be possible.

I just hope companies like Bosley don't buy out/own the hair multiplication market.

arrogantprick

Reaction score
Technology increases at an exponential rate, and we are on the elbow of that curve right now. By 2016, HM will probably considered mundane and/or outdated.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
arrogantprick said:
Technology increases at an exponential rate, and we are on the elbow of that curve right now. By 2016, HM will probably considered mundane and/or outdated.

lol, I have on doubt about that. I'm sure that by 2016, everyone will be like, "What? A gas-powered car? That's f*****g retarded. Go back to the 1900's."

The same goes with hair multiplication. -- There might be some sort of gene therapy at this time, which will render all other treatments useless.

powersam

Reaction score
well as far as these things can be predicted, gene therapy would mean the end to the vast majority of existing human ailments. but then we'd probably get a bunch of bad mutation etc gene sicknesses. there are quite a lot of research scientists out there who think every penny spent on researching anything except gene therapy is wasted money.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
gene research can be a double edge sword. if it become so successful that it can cure many problem, it might also be use as a weapon. same as other technology like nanotech.

so in the end, we will have to weight the pros and cons.

haha... i went out of point...

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think in 4-5 years HM will be out and give a full head of hair. Think positive and maintain your hair untill then. Who knows it may even be out before then but i seriously think by the information given that 2010 will be forsure.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i believe HM will be available 2009- 2012 , something else might come sooner though

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
Wezz said:
i believe HM will be available 2009- 2012 , something else might come sooner though

Such as?

I agree with the first part of your statement though.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lopfraze said:
Wezz said:

Such as?

I agree with the first part of your statement though.

anything that will help hair quality or something ... but one thing i really hope is HM out by 2008-2010

Felk

Reaction score
Yeah, bring on Curis!

Though it'd probably come out after HM at this rate...

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s a shame that by 2010 we’ll take our first steps into hair cloning & still not have a cure for HIV/AIDS. Ok, I’m off my soap box now

powersam

Reaction score
look we all know raw squid will regrow your hair in 2-6 weeks with minimal side effects, but who can stomach it?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
who cares about hiv/aids , thats the thing you can protect from having and plus in the end you will die so no lifetime suffering issue, but for hairloss , its a b**ch that can destroy your emotions for the rest of your life... hopefully HM will be out very soon !

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Wezz said:
who cares about hiv/aids , thats the thing you can protect from having and plus in the end you will die so no lifetime suffering issue, but for hairloss , its a b**** that can destroy your emotions for the rest of your life... hopefully HM will be out very soon !

One of the most shallow things I've ever heard...

Who cares about HIV/AIDS?

I do. It's a serious problem that destroys lives.